3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Mix Planning
Here is another quick tip on mixing - I love these tustorials

#2August 30th, 2012 · 02:21 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
tall, wide, and deep.  Like the vids keep them coming if you can. 
#3August 30th, 2012 · 08:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
tall, wide, and deep.  Like the vids keep them coming if you can.  :)

I should have pointed out the mixing chart on the vid was a particular song Dezz was working on, but it gives you an idea on how to plan your own mix.
After seeing a few of these vids from pro producers, I 've learned that these guys are creating new methods all the time or put simply, creating new ideas with each production.  Also they have a community of their very own and often share their ideas. I find it so interesting, the possiblities in production are endless and will always be.  I can't wait to build my studio in 2014, it's going to be so much fun - I LOVE IT  I get as much fun producing songs as to performing them.
#4August 30th, 2012 · 10:19 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
toastedgoat wrote…
tall, wide, and deep.  Like the vids keep them coming if you can.  :)

I should have pointed out the mixing chart on the vid was a particular song Dezz was working on, but it gives you an idea on how to plan your own mix.
After seeing a few of these vids from pro producers, I 've learned that these guys are creating new methods all the time or put simply, creating new ideas with each production.  Also they have a community of their very own and often share their ideas. I find it so interesting, the possiblities in production are endless and will always be.  I can't wait to build my studio in 2014, it's going to be so much fun - I LOVE IT  I get as much fun producing songs as to performing them.
Me to.. I have been recording other musicians.. or having them bring their song files over.. their eyes light up when I start tweaking things a bit.. imho  one of the most important aspects of mixing is knowledge of the instruments used, and where they ride withing the frequency spectrum, and how to gain more isolation within the EQ realm.   Getting this done immediately cleans up the mix, makes the kick and snare sound punchier, and the bass gains punch and clarity. by not fighting the kick and toms, and guitars low end.
#5August 3rd, 2013 · 11:35 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
oh and start out mixing in mono. if that has neve been mentioned.  do your static mixes in mono.
#6August 4th, 2013 · 03:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
toastedgoat wrote…
oh and start out mixing in mono. if that has neve been mentioned.  do your static mixes in mono.
yeah I've heard about this, I never remember to do it lol - I believe it helps balancing out levels, being that your ears are picking up from one source the same distance.
#7August 4th, 2013 · 10:22 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
you posted about Dezz.. He has a very good video explaining why.. So I won't go into a long winded post.  but it really helps, every since I've started doing mono static mixes, I get the levels set a lot faster. plus some stereo effects can cause issues. checking back in mono mix will assure that your levels are still working well.

Don't get confused though cause I'm all about the stereo field..  I don't mix  L.C R even though there is a whole new school of thought on mixing just Left, center, Right.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 7:02 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.