#1September 28th, 2006 · 10:57 PM
1 threads
1 posts
China
Recording Audio, skipping/dropping
Hi all,

So sorry if this has been covered already!

I am using an Acer Laptop, 2.3 GHz processor, 1Gb Ram with an external sound device - Edirol UA-4fx.

When recording audio into Adobe Audition (I know I know, but I like it!) or Cubase, I am suffering from drops in the audio. I lose half a second in random spots, which of course renders the recording useless.

The Edirol is going through USB. I tried using a PCMCIA USB 2.0 interface, but this cause more problems than it solved.

I have updated the drivers for the sound card

I have plenty of hard drive space for recording, I have defragged, and I have also followed the Adobe recommendations in setting up audition, with regards to buffers and temp folders.

The sound quality is great, I am able to really get the sound I am after, but with recording that I cannot depend on, it is useless!

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I might be able to do to solve this problem? It seems to be sound card oriented, since both audition and Cubase exhibit the same problem.

Many thanks for any help you can give.
#2September 29th, 2006 · 03:55 AM
1 threads
1 posts
China
Ok, so to answer my own query, I went out today and bought a different PCM to USB interface, and it seems to have done the trick.

So the problem was the USB plug, maybe not supplying enough power? Anyway, to anyone else who has this problem, this is what fixed it for me!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:37 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.