#1May 13th, 2011 · 05:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Cubase 5 Stutter
I installed a M-Audiofile 2496 running on Cubase 5 today.
After a couple of hours of getting it to work, I recorded some electric guitar, sounded nice, no latency what so ever running at 256 buffer.
BUT, when I played back the recording I did recently, there was a horrible stutter, the Asio overload indicator was flashing Red, I've Googled etc but can't find a solution.
I'll try and do another rough recording over the weekend to see if it makes any difference using the new sound card on multi-track recording, hence the Asio overload increases the more tracks you have, when I recorded the guitar today on it's own the overload did not illuminate at all.
#2May 14th, 2011 · 05:32 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I sorted out the Asio Overload, came across a forum and it's the Reverence reverb plug-in, I removed it and used another reverb plug in and all is well, i suspect there may be an update as it's a nice reverb plug-in.
Can anyone recommend any good reverb plug-ins
http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=850166&sid=a84cbfa3e71480a490508a38ccd95e2f

I'm quite excited now I can crack on with some new projects
#3May 15th, 2011 · 03:33 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
reverence works great here but ís quite heavy on the processor, dont know about updates, do know there's a free plug called ambience which is nice, i thínk its from this page(alas its in dutch, i can help out if needed, and there are lots of nice other free plugs there which are all checked and legelly free..
(just scroll down and youll see..)
http://www.homerecording.be/downloads
#4May 15th, 2011 · 04:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
MaxdB wrote…
reverence works great here but �s quite heavy on the processor, dont know about updates, do know there's a free plug called ambience which is nice, i th�nk its from this page(alas its in dutch, i can help out if needed, and there are lots of nice other free plugs there which are all checked and legelly free..
(just scroll down and youll see..)
http://www.homerecording.be/downloads

Happy Birthday Max - Have a Drink on me
Did some further research and came across a YouTube Vid where a chap puts all his effects on the sends, which apparently puts less strain on the CPU, I've tried it out and it seems to works, but I'm only doing a limited amount of tracks, so I'll see how it performs on say 20 tracks, not that I'll ever need that amount?? - I now the pro's can use various little plug-in to tidy stuff up and what not, like if you look at a sample track like on fruity loops there are about 36 tracks for a simple song, but then again it did sound the nuts.

Have a great day
#5September 6th, 2011 · 04:27 PM
32 threads / 28 songs
201 posts
United States of America
For what it's worth Denis, I've been having a lot of problems with Reverence lately (in Cubase 6). In fact, the cover of "Let Go" I posted used it for vocals (primarily) and I was experiencing frequent Cubase crashes (sometimes 2 crashes in 15 minutes). Got rid of Reverence, but kept all other things the same, and didn't have any crashes at all afterward.

I have also noticed some audio stuttering issues in Cubase before but those have generally improved with the release of updates.

Edit: Putting effects on the sends can also give you a bit more fine-grained control over the effects. That's what I did for the vocal-delay in "Red Light, Green Light". You can automate the amount of signal sent to the "Send" separately from the volume/mix of the effect itself. (So you can do things like echo select words only in a longer phrase, to keep your delays from getting muddy.) I don't know much about the performance gains of running effects as an Insert vs Send though. That's interesting.
#6September 7th, 2011 · 10:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
brianvaughn wrote…
For what it's worth Denis, I've been having a lot of problems with Reverence lately (in Cubase 6). In fact, the cover of "Let Go" I posted used it for vocals (primarily) and I was experiencing frequent Cubase crashes (sometimes 2 crashes in 15 minutes). Got rid of Reverence, but kept all other things the same, and didn't have any crashes at all afterward.

I have also noticed some audio stuttering issues in Cubase before but those have generally improved with the release of updates.

Edit: Putting effects on the sends can also give you a bit more fine-grained control over the effects. That's what I did for the vocal-delay in "Red Light, Green Light". You can automate the amount of signal sent to the "Send" separately from the volume/mix of the effect itself. (So you can do things like echo select words only in a longer phrase, to keep your delays from getting muddy.) I don't know much about the performance gains of running effects as an Insert vs Send though. That's interesting.

Yes I now use sends for reverb, chorus echo (less strain on cpu, I mentioned in this thread, /compression, dessers, I use on inserts, they work better.
Get very few crashes now.
Cheers
#7July 27th, 2012 · 06:32 AM
For what it's worth, I use them on an fx channel and use sends so I don't have to use multiple reverbs on each channel, no crashes here
#8July 27th, 2012 · 03:04 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
impendingcorruption wrote…
For what it's worth, I use them on an fx channel and use sends so I don't have to use multiple reverbs on each channel, no crashes here
Yeah I do the same now, plus I use a Lexicom reverb plugin, which not only is superb in that it not only retains the original raw sound, the reverb sounds are studio quality, and finally it uses little cpu power 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 5:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.