#1August 26th, 2006 · 08:57 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
I Need Help?

Umm...I like to write and sing songs but I need help in recording.
I have never recorded anything before, and I don't know how to use any of these softwares. I don't even know where to start!

I want to upload my vocals and find people here to help me with the instruments and laying down and stuff.

I dont even know what to say actually..
#2August 26th, 2006 · 09:32 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Start recording as a newbie
Dont know how I can help out.

All what you need is a computer which has a soundcard. The soundcard should have a Line-In port or a microphone port. Via settings in your operating system (like Windows XP or so) you should be able to set the record port to the soundcard and fix the volume level.

Now if you have a simple mic plug it into the soundcard port (MIC-IN) and launch the built-in software of Microsofts audiorecorder. Push on the record button and it should start your record. Now you are able to record your vocals for the next 60 seconds. and save it as a wave file with .WAV as extension. That's why many of the other musicians need to buy a record software. Some are for free some cost $$$$. But htere are other people who can tell you what you need.

To convert this wave file to mp3 you need a converting software. The size of the recorded wave file can raise up to 40mb for a whole 4 minute song. A MP3 encoder can reduce this down to 3-4mb. If you have done like this you can upload your vocals on BandAMP.

Would like to hear sth from you

Cheers
#3August 26th, 2006 · 10:25 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
And of course, you should read Entheon's superb post on this site at:
http://forum.bandamp.com/Recording/6181.html

Lots of people have posted things about recording, and what software to use.  There are a number of very good free software recording packages out there on the Internet - Kristal is one of them.  As a basic starting point it's very good.  Downloads are available at:
http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/index.php?section=download
Also, Audacity is free - but having never used it, I really can't comment

There's so much information now in the forums on BandAMP that I'd advise you to start doing a bit of reading on this site first.

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing your first creation!
#4August 26th, 2006 · 12:09 PM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
hmm...i just downloaded kristal from that link but windows wont open it, it says installer corrupted or summat.

anyways I'll be asking more stuff as I work on this song....
#5August 26th, 2006 · 02:26 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
Audacity is also pretty simple to figure out. I used to use it. And I know of a lot of people here who use it. So it won't be hard to find help if you get stuck on something.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
#6August 26th, 2006 · 08:09 PM
44 threads / 6 songs
305 posts
United States of America
Yeah I use audacity and it's really good. Try it out.
#7August 27th, 2006 · 06:57 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
thanx guys
#8September 25th, 2006 · 06:58 AM
24 threads
319 posts
Malaysia
um...i still dont have a prper ic but can i use my laptop's mic just for the demo so u guys can get my ideas? n so i can collab?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 1:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.