#1December 30th, 2010 · 06:37 AM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Rewired..
somehow Cubase SX 2.2 didnt work anymore :p   'upgraded' a few 100 versions to 5.1  and rewired my Reason4 via Asio4all into the mixer.

The issue is that there a slight timing delay(latency?) between the music from reason(midi) and the newly recorded material(audio/midi) in cubase when i mix it down to MP3.

Anyone having experiences int his matter? how to shorten this delay or work around it?
#2December 30th, 2010 · 12:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Can only think to check the driver settings in Cubase, are they the same as reason 4?
#3December 30th, 2010 · 05:49 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Max
I suppose you've tried the ASIO4all interface, there are buffer settings there that can change the latency.
But if you go to Device setup/ VST Audio System you should be able to choose from different ASIO drivers......ok I have the DirectX Full Duplex, Creative ASIO, Generic Low Latency ASIO and the Delta ASIO (2 sound cards and on 7) so I dont know your choices...!
In the Advanced options you can set Disk Preload, Record Latency and Record Shift.....I have read / seen / heard that Cubase 5 can compensate for certain latencies but I thought it was in the Control Panel though the Device Setup interface seams to be the right place !

@Denis, do you mean that both programs have to be set to the same ASIO driver?
#4December 31st, 2010 · 07:36 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
Denis wrote…
Can only think to check the driver settings in Cubase, are they the same as reason 4?
Reason has no settings because of being in slave mode, tnx for thinkin with me Denis.
#5December 31st, 2010 · 08:00 PM
77 threads / 59 songs
923 posts
Netherlands
OOPs
kings wrote…
Max
I suppose you've tried the ASIO4all interface, there are buffer settings there that can change the latency.
But if you go to Device setup/ VST Audio System you should be able to choose from different ASIO drivers......ok I have the DirectX Full Duplex, Creative ASIO, Generic Low Latency ASIO and the Delta ASIO (2 sound cards and on 7) so I dont know your choices...!
In the Advanced options you can set Disk Preload, Record Latency and Record Shift.....I have read / seen / heard that Cubase 5 can compensate for certain latencies but I thought it was in the Control Panel though the Device Setup interface seams to be the right place !

tnx too kings! i am familiar with the ASIO,  but I cant work the Advanced Options well yet, they didnt help me much so far

but,
Actually I think i made a mistake here, I didnt have Reason wired that time because it wouldnt run it, , so I imported the mp3 conversion from it as audio in cubase and from there i had the timing issue with the earlier audiotracks, i just didnt notice because i  immediatly bounced it., my bad , sorry there.  it was way softer as it was rewired too, so double stupid me.

The imported track was on the right starting position though, so it means that there is or was some timing delay when in rewired mode. I just dont understand it it, but as long as i keep reason in rewired mode and do not use the imported track the bouncing works well.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.