#1October 27th, 2010 · 09:19 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Fl Studio - Mixer has minimized!!
Hi, I'm new here and hope someone can help!
In FL Studio 9, somehow today, the mixer has minimized and won't re-open!  The minimized bar is just there on the screen and I can't do anything to get it to open.  Been into all the menus (I can still open the menu on the mixer) but nothing.  Have closed and re-opened FL.  Is there anything I can do without having to re-install the program?
Many thanks
Amanda
#2October 27th, 2010 · 09:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Reinstall it wont take too long, save all you files in another directory just in case.
Could try registry clean up?
#3October 27th, 2010 · 10:05 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Hi, Denis,
I will give those a try!  It's a strange program and seems to have a mind of its own - don't know if I'm alone in that thought!
Many thanks for your quick reply and help!
Amanda
#4October 27th, 2010 · 01:04 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: Fl Studio - Mixer has minimized!!
iotronica wrote…
Hi, I'm new here and hope someone can help!
In FL Studio 9, somehow today, the mixer has minimized and won't re-open!  The minimized bar is just there on the screen and I can't do anything to get it to open.  Been into all the menus (I can still open the menu on the mixer) but nothing.  Have closed and re-opened FL.  Is there anything I can do without having to re-install the program?
Many thanks
Amanda
I'd say grab one of the corners ... hover a while around the edges until the tool tip changes on your mouse pointer.
I've just tried to suss out how you manages to minimize a window in fl...I used to have the real irritating problem of the windows being larger than the work area/screen.....I dont have the problem any more, ever since I stopped using the program!

A! You've minimized the mixer...how?            Hold on..........DOUBLE CLICK on the top bar...the only visible bit, that should work.
#5October 27th, 2010 · 01:30 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Kings!  Thank you so much!  You've saved me so much time!  It was so obvious now that I come to think of it to double click! 
I really don't like the program and only changed from Propellerhead Reason because FL supports vst plugins.  Shame Reason doesn't.
Thanks again and best wishes
Amanda
#6October 27th, 2010 · 03:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
iotronica wrote…
Kings!  Thank you so much!  You've saved me so much time!  It was so obvious now that I come to think of it to double click! 
I really don't like the program and only changed from Propellerhead Reason because FL supports vst plugins.  Shame Reason doesn't.
Thanks again and best wishes
Amanda

Cubase Cubase and again Cubase.....Avaxhome.ws or The Piratebay ... I love VST32 but it's as old and as dated as a Pink Floyd guitarist ( ), If your system can deal with 5 give it a try !
FL is wonderful and easy, but I think you can always here an FL track, it's kind of muddy.
Cubase is very good professional German Technology and 5s got some excellent 'get started' videos with it....you'll be recording your first track within 15 minutes and laying automation tracks in half an hour. 
#7October 27th, 2010 · 10:39 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
REAPER!!!!!!  the best daw
#8October 28th, 2010 · 08:24 AM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Haven't heard of Reaper, but I'll look it up!  Thanks for the tip!
#9October 28th, 2010 · 09:04 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Welcome here , iotronica!
Dunno how you come to terms with your current program ( aside of the discribed problems)I wouldn´t
change my program cause it would mean to learn again how the new system works. New problems, new questions
and a lot of wasted time  & frustrations .  
If ya wanna change though :
Look in the net for test reports , tutorials & forums like ´bandAmp` , buy some magazines with test reports .
Most impotant: Take time and don´t hurry . Find a wise decision depending on what you wanna do & what
you need for it AND of  the state of ya ´money bag`
ciao
         U . L . I .
#10October 28th, 2010 · 11:36 AM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Reaper's easy to use, supports VSTs, and MIDI I'm pretty sure.

The trial doesn't expire, it just nags you to register/buy.
#11October 28th, 2010 · 01:34 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks guys for the advice!  I'll give Reaper a try for sure - that's two advocates now!  But as ULI said, it's the time getting to know a new DAW all over again - had to do all that with FL after Reason, but maybe the benefits will be worth it. 
Basically, I'm not music, but very new to composing on a PC!  I'll fill in my profile here and maybe you'd like to have a listen to my first composition.  I have a new track that I'm hoping to upload to Soundcloud on the weekend.
This seems like a great forum!  Glad I found you and thanks again for the great advice!
#12October 28th, 2010 · 02:51 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
iotronica wrote…
This seems like a great forum!  Glad I found you and thanks again for the great advice!
Most of us feel that way! 

I can agree about learning your way around a new program, but you've been there with FL, and you've actually been there with Reason, I think if you pick up any program now you may indeed find it very similar to Reason and FL in that they are all as such very much the same....they all have the same functions....play record, automation, edit etc.
I also believe you'll find your way with one and not another...I've tried so much to get into Sonys Acid but to no avail but in other programs the zone just oozes from my fingers lol !
And it's like anything ...if you want it enough you'll suss it.

Yes a warm welcome and get that song of your uploaded 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 4:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.