#1June 23rd, 2006 · 09:08 PM
1 threads
1 posts
Chile
midi channels cubase sx
i have a korg x5d keyboard, and i am using it as controller for cubase.
it can separate the keyobard in areas, so you send chanell 2 for example from c-1 to c-2, channel 6 rom d3 to g3, etc...
cubase doesnt seem to obey this, so when i play anywhere in the keyboard the vsts are sounding, even if they are assigned to channel 2 for example or channel 6. it seems cubase pick the notes and send them to all channels.
can anyone help?
#2June 25th, 2006 · 12:35 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yes I can, I've had this same problem and sorted it out...

For each individual midi track that you select, you need to apply the "Input Transformer" in the track settings frame... you know, the default frame which shows up at the left of the Cubase screen when you select a track, where you can also select which midi inputs and outputs you will apply...

The Input Transformer can be accessed by clicking the upper right icon of the track settings frame... you know, after {M}{S}|{R}{W}    |{arrow type icon}

Set it to "Local" (so, the settings you're about to make will apply for the selected track only)

Then you will get to the Input Transformer edit window.

At the bottom of this window, it says which "module" is selected and to right of that, which "modules" are active. Be so kind to "activate" the first module with a checkbox...  Or else the settings you are about to make will not be activated

Then you will see that the "mode" is set to "filter" by default... This is good, don't change that. The "preset" is set to " - " which is not good, and you are about to change that...

Open the "Presets" drop down menu, select "channel filtering" and then the channel you want to pass through to be used by the selected midi track - for instance, if you want MIDI 01 to record midi data coming from Channel 01, then you select "Pass CH01", and the midi data coming from all other channels will be ignored by this track only.

If you want MIDI 02 to record data coming from Channel 02, then you go through the same steps but this time select "Pass CH02"... Etcetera, etcetera... It's that simple
Ofcourse, such a basic functionality isn't at all properly or clearly explained in any of the manuals... But it works...

C ya...
#3March 1st, 2007 · 06:16 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes! And you found it out!
 Well done PX,

And thanks for the walkthrough, I wonder if cactusfloyd ever came back for this most perfect of answers?
#4March 2nd, 2007 · 12:06 AM
1 threads
1 posts
Chile
thanks very much man, in fact, i will try this out.

thanks again man, very useful answer
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 11:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.