#1August 27th, 2009 · 05:25 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Burning Data into Audio
I've been trying all week to find a way of burning an audio CD so that when you play it through a computer it shows all the album details including the album art, just like pro produced CD's.
I've got Nero 6 which has the facility for audio and data, that has a feature called CD EXTRA, where you input all the album details inc art work, but I just cant get it to burn to include the data and art work for playback.  I did notice however, when I inputed all this info, the tab labeled 'apply' did not illuminate, but the OK did.  I saved the file, it saves all the info.  Unfortunately Nero have stopped doing updates etc for this version, so I've no way of knowing if I need a plug-in of some sort?.

I can only think that my Cd drive is not cut out for it. It's about 5 years old.

Anyones help would be great. The only other alternative would be to get them professionally done, got a quote which was £72.00 + VAT [tax] for 50 units, initially I just want to produce a few at home.
#2August 28th, 2009 · 03:43 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
You need a CD TAB EDITOR or an audio burning program that includes tab editing.
I used wavelab adding Author, Title, Publishing Date, etc before burning.
My dad recommended The Godfather a free standalone program that worked really well for him .... I just made a  google search and came up with The Godfather film and game......so if you cant find anything else let me know and I'll zip up a copy and send it on to you, it is a standalone so it will just work from the folder.
It adds Album Art and all.
#3August 28th, 2009 · 08:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Just took a closer look at The Godfather , here's a little bit more about it : http://www.cyberpunk.gr/tgf

It's an MP3 organiser, I dont think it can burn but it can add lots of tags to your MP3s and art.
If you change the tags in the Godfather and then put all the MP3s in Nero, it should just take and add the tag information regardless.

It's not all the way but it's a step at least 

Strange that your Nero doesn't just do what it's meant to.
There must be some info on the web about some settings in nero or about 'the process' of burning CDs with tags.
#4August 28th, 2009 · 10:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Just took a closer look at The Godfather , here's a little bit more about it : http://www.cyberpunk.gr/tgf

It's an MP3 organiser, I dont think it can burn but it can add lots of tags to your MP3s and art.
If you change the tags in the Godfather and then put all the MP3s in Nero, it should just take and add the tag information regardless.

There must be some info on the web about some settings in nero or about 'the process' of burning CDs with tags.

I checked out the Godfather, it's similar to 'Tag & Rename'. I don't have a problem taging the files, when I burn the file to a CD and play it back through my PC it only displays part of the tagged information inc track name and composer. I would like it to also display the album art and astist to. As I said if you insert a professionally produced audio CD it dispalys all this info. Bottom line I want to produce pro CD's.

I've been searching on the Web all week 
I'm going to contact Nero Tech support when I get home tonight, Yeah the Nero should have been able to do it as you said.

Thanks for your support
Denis
#5August 29th, 2009 · 12:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Found out why now.

My CD writer does not support 'CD TEXT', which simply means it doesn't write text. so I've ordered a new HP CD/DVD writer drive today that also has a feature called 'Lightscribe', it creates a permanent label to the disc, the discs are gold the print is black, they are working on one that does full colour, hmm exciting stuff. So basically we can produce our own albums to a good standard.
Also I've downloaded a software called 'SONY CD ARCHITECT' this records your album to 'RED BOOK' standard, which is pro standard, you can also inc the ISRC code, that's the code I got from Tunecore, it basically an official copyright code. I also got a bar code no for the album, downloaded some free stuff, loads of it available that transfers the no into a bar code, which I've now put on the rear of my album art work.

I've also discovered that when you insert a newly purchased album in WMP, it searches it's database for the album artwork, it takes a minute or so, once it finds it, it stores it, so that it automatically comes up when you next insert the CD. Same applies for iTunes.  So hopefully when my album goes live, and I insert my CD, yes I have to buy one. I'm quite excited when it's launch, dont care if it sells or not, just very happy I've created it.

My only other concern was any fading of the prints form my HP inject printer, supposedly Epson ink is less prone to fade.  Anyway on the net some guy uses his wife's hairspray to seal and protect his prints, so I'm trying it out, I also thought of perhaps using both UV protector and some type of lacquer, not sure if the lacquer would be too heavy??,but then again hair spray is often referred to as 'Hair Lacquer, hmm interesting??

Well I'm nearly there, I should hopefully be able to produce a very good looking album [to almost pro standard] for very little capital.

Cheers AMPERS
#6August 29th, 2009 · 12:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…

I inserted the CD into my PC drive, it did actually write into the CD, hence opened up the drive window contents, but solved the problem see post above. Cheers Denis
#7August 29th, 2009 · 03:12 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The web is a wonderful place isn't it?
Search a ye shall find.....but only if you really need it! 
Wonderful to read how your plan has come together.
I bought two 'lightscribe' CD/DVD writers a few months ago, not for Album burning, but now I know that they can.....
Watch out for the disk draw, it can automatically close just when your changing disks, the buggers have done it to me a few times, jamming the CD in the draw, they must be very sensitive! ...their still working though.
You need special disks for the lightscribe to work.
So how do you get your Album art into the WMP database to start with?

The Hairspray sounds very pro...Aussie Pro! lol
#8August 29th, 2009 · 04:51 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
The web is a wonderful place isn't it?
Search a ye shall find.....but only if you really need it! 
Wonderful to read how your plan has come together.
I bought two 'lightscribe' CD/DVD writers a few months ago, not for Album burning, but now I know that they can.....
Watch out for the disk draw, it can automatically close just when your changing disks, the buggers have done it to me a few times, jamming the CD in the draw, they must be very sensitive! ...their still working though.
You need special disks for the lightscribe to work.
So how do you get your Album art into the WMP database to start with?

The Hairspray sounds very pro...Aussie Pro! lol

Good question, Tunecore the publisher of the album will instruct iTunes and Amazon. I think they have their own independent database, naturally if I were to open iTunes player it will retrieve the Album art work. I think WMP database is registered with something called freebp or similar, it's a question I can ask Tunecore.
Yeah I've ordered  some Lightscribe discs [good quality ones too] paid about £6.00 for 25. Funnily enough Godfather the software you recommended has a tab for all of them to retrieve album artwork, so I assume that if I play my album in WMP it will not be listed, who knows? Yeah the hair spray seems to work, it gave the print a sort of Matt finish, which I like lol
Next major project is to get my web site looking decent, I've been putting it off too long.  I may just cheat and copy someone Else's web and change the wording and images, at least for the mean time, I must sort that out before the album is released, other wise I will look pants.. lol.  Again it will cost a lot of money to get a web designer, after all I'm just doing this for fun.
Cheers
#9September 4th, 2009 · 05:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Got my new Dvd Driver to find out that WMP does not support CD TEXT, I should know better 'NEVER ASSUME' cause you make an 'ASS' out of 'U' and 'ME'

Still,  got on google to find some dude created a plug-in so that CD TEXT works in WMP, it works great.

I'm just puzzled how pro produced Cds are able to show text on WMP, I've search hard and wide, still don't know the answer to that one, if I did there would be tons of musicians producing there own CDs for production, mind you I googled a site who could produce 50 pro produced Cds shrink wrapped For around £ 80.00, quite reasonable I think.

Cheers
#10September 26th, 2009 · 02:19 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Hi Denis, I use Nero ULTRA 7  and when you add compilations to be burned, you can manually change each track to be listed as you want... *hope this helps buddy..... and if you need an update you know where to find me *s
Fid
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:29 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.