#1April 27th, 2006 · 01:00 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Recording stuff
Hey people...

Anybody got names of "GOOD QUALITY" cassette tapes.... if you dont know we record with a fostex x-24 4-track and yes, "supposedly" rumour has it that you can actually get good quality cassettes that can make your recordings sound better than taping over your older sisters "roxette" tape... (dont laugh we do that)

So thinking i would boost quality i went out and spent my weeks pay on 5 brand new shiny cassette tapes from my local grocery store...(possibly inappropriate place to buy it, but i dont know any other place) to my disappointment the quality is not better and maybe even worse..

So seriously, where would i be able to buy good quality cassette tapes that are actually for these kind of things.
WHAT ARE THEY CALLED?

WHERE CAN I GET THEM?

DO THEY EXIST?
#2April 27th, 2006 · 01:36 PM
10 posts
United States of America
For that recorder, the recommended tpae is a Type II, High Bias. A good example is a Maxell MS-60 with 30-minutes per side.

You can use up to a 90 minute tape, but the 60 is better. Also, a120 minute tape is way too thin for the high speed of the recorder.

So, basically any Type II 60 or 90 should suffice.
#3April 29th, 2006 · 01:33 PM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
tapes
yes the dawg is dead on i used to use an old tascam 4 trac yrs ago..lol
maxell is probly the best thickest tape ...you want typr 2 hi bias
and stick with 60 min tapes as they are the thickest that will give you 15 min of recording
if they have radio shacks in australia they carry them but anyplace including grocery store
will do if you cant find maxell go with  TDK ..would be my second choice

I would save some cash and buy an old cheap computer if you need some software even for like windows 98 os i can help ya you will enjoy multi tracing on computer even if you stay analog

good luck ,,,,mail me if ya need some software i'll hook ya up

buzz...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 7th, 2024 · 7:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.