#1April 12th, 2006 · 09:22 AM
1 threads
United Kingdom
Laptop recording problems
I am running cubase sx 3 on my laptop with an M-Audio Quattro USB Audio Interface...

I have tried recording my keyboard through the midi ports and there is a midi signal coming through, and the notes played can be recorded, but when it comes to playing back - there is no sound.

Any ideas anyone? Im kind of new to all this recording through cubase lark, used to just work with standalone 8-track multitrack recorders.

Any help would be appreciated
#2April 12th, 2006 · 02:15 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
first of all, I dont know cubase but...

... i can see volume is turned off
... maybe you must set the midi output to kinda microsoft gs wavetable synth (if you got any windows stuff)

thats all I can help. sorry.
#3April 12th, 2006 · 04:32 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Laptop recording problems
this just might work............

Cubase is optimized to run on windows xp or 2000

left click where it says out you should see a selection of options of sound generator pop up

the one you have selected could be an IO (in out) option that is sending message straight back to your keyboard..........

If that is a controller keyboard with no sounds on-board you will here nothing
or if it is say a Yamaha psr type it has to be switched to become a 'multi timbral' synth.(Check the instrument manual for that one)

Or.............

choose a different sound generator.As per tritonkeyboarder.in the same window....u might find 'Microsoft gs wavetable sw synth'..............or    similar....................try all of them............If this works you will probably be sorely disappointed by the sounds produced

but don't despair................

there are synths in cubase called vsti instruments.

if you get that far post or pm me and I'll lead you to them

don't worry you will probably run into delay/latency problems too!!!

a lot will depend on laptop speed and choosing the best asio driver for your laptop

come to that later too:)

On the down side the makers strongly advise that u choose a computer with a very fast processor..........a particularly large and fast hard drive and a large amount of ram.

so a lot will depend on your laptops 'strength'

If cubase is too much then there are loads of sequencers and recorders out there to get u started...........post again and I'm sure you will be pointed in the right direction

hope this a help

splash
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:10 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.