#1March 2nd, 2006 · 04:09 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Bass software
Who can tell me about any good software to make bass lines?
Oh, if you also know one to make trumpets or orchestras strings it'd be cool.

> Iszil
#2March 2nd, 2006 · 06:53 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
I second that, certainly for the brass or strings!  At the moment it's either midi, fruity loops synth sounds or learn to play the violin and trumpet!  Oh, I suppose it would be possible to ask someone very nicely on Bandamp - let me think.... who is it that does brass?

As far as the bass is concerned - at the moment, I record my bass lines on clean semi-acoustic 6 string guitar then drop the recorded track an octave before doing any sound processing.  That way I can hear what I'm playing pretty well while recording, and then shape the sound the way I want.  All processing is done with VST plugins and mainly consists of multi-band compression, a sound shaper called "Q", and something called "Magneto" which changes the dynamics somewhat.

What I want to do is buy a cheap bass and record direct!

If you want to make bass-line loops, then fruity loops is a good option; you just have to have the time to spend to make it sound natural.

#3January 16th, 2007 · 02:35 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
Brass, Strings, Whole Orchestras
This is a widely used plug-in program among  film sound producers.
http://www.motu.com/products/software/msi
#4January 16th, 2007 · 03:15 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
That MOTU symphonic synth looks pretty cool, I'm a wary of registering everywhere I go, but I would like to know , once registered is it possible to download it 'Free'?

I know of some nice sounding free bass vst plug-ins, like the Tau or the amazing Triangle II or Neon or Tritium, these are all free I think, I got them for free somewhere or other anyway!

These are just the instruments though and as Jiminuk said ; "If you want to make bass-line loops, then fruity loops is a good option; you just have to have the time to spend to make it sound natural."

But fruity and it's midi editor are so 'simple' making a bass sound sound natural is not that difficult.
Between the sample wrapper, the edit options in the step sequencer, the midi editor and then ALL the possible effects, the chances are you'll end up with something totally cool very quickly.

Hey I off to up-load some cool VST's to my site, when it's done I'll post the link, so you can download them you self if you want.

PS Triangle II is totally excellent and FM7 is another awesome stand-alone/vst plug-in, but it is more of a complete virtual synth than a bass instrument. But you do ask about strings and alike so FM7 I suggest, it's a very clear sound.
#5July 1st, 2009 · 12:37 AM
1 posts
United States of America
i need free bass
what psykotronik said makes no sense to me...

1. i don't necessarily care for a "bass guitar" bass sound, i just want a bass synth sound.
2. what's a VST plug in. i looked it up on wiki and i still have no clue
3. i don't have a "midi keyboard" or any other midi device.
4. i'm not going to buy a midi device.

the closest thing i've found so far is the ReBirth RB338, which is a silly little program for drum loops, but you can produce bass notes. the problems with ReBirth are as follows:
1. the bass tone is horrible. it's really only good for high pitch notes
2. it's not so easy to write a bassline. you have to set a bass note, record it into your multitrack recorder, and then do the majority of the editing in the multitrack recorder (i use cakewalk 2002, and i'm not changing that either)

what i am looking for is a simple program that allows me to create bass tones of good quality. i don't know much about midi, but when i hear a .mid file, it sounds worse than a nintendo video game.

I WANT BASS, AND I WANT IT FREE.
#6October 27th, 2009 · 12:40 AM
89 posts
Canada
Ha ha well I too have been looking for authentic bass options:  from what I can tell, it is all about what kind of bass sound you want.  If you want an electronica kinda sound (that may not be the term anymore lol, whatever 'techno' means now... I know, there are a million kinds lol)  it is a totally different beast than if you want a hard rock sound.  If you want a synth sound, any VST synth should do, but don't expect to have it sound like your uncle Jed in the basement rockin' to 80's Metallica, not for free:  and I know, VST is basically just an add on to a DAW, like Cubase, and it kinda just means virtual sound maker.  I use a ton of them for other things.

You also do not need a midi controller (ie keyboard) to use midi, you just place the notes by hand in a DAW, then a VSTi (another virtual instrument) translates those through it's sound bank and out comes...bass.  Basically you write the music, and a little gremlin in your machine plays it for you...that's not meant to sound condescending lol, I just wanted to say gremlin

Umm hope that isn't too useless
#7January 30th, 2012 · 10:32 AM
4 threads
28 posts
Bangladesh
I think the FL studio is best for in this case.........

are you looking for Music or Musician!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 8:00 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.