#1December 23rd, 2005 · 04:18 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Music video editor?
Hi,

I wanna create some videos to some music I have, using my own footage I create with a dv-cam. Now, I know how to use that thing, but I kinda don't have a video editor program, and I don't know which one would be most suitable for my needs.

I want it to have nice fades, color filtering effects, kaleidoscope effects (very important!) and maybe some other things, and ofcourse be able to sync video to an audio track without too much trouble.

I've already tried Pinnacle studio 9 - and though it has interesting features, installing it on my current cpu has caused so many problems I decided to de-install, as I don't want to reconfigure my entire cpu only for that program to work. It'll take too much time and I'm sure reconfigurations are going to cause other programs to fail (it has already screwed up some of the settings without asking / warning ) so Pinnacle is getting a big fat F and I'm never going to use it again.

So - what am I to use? Where can I get it? Preferrably for no money at all... Though I am not really a cheapo.

Also, if anyone knows where I can download interesting stock footage of news items, military / industrial installations / tests, etcetera, I will be most grateful.

Thanks

ps. I posted this in the recording forum, because I see a video as an extension to the music... it has to do with recording / sequencing material anyway (video material that is)
#2December 23rd, 2005 · 08:34 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
I've been doing video editing for about 3 years now, my favourite program is definitely Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0, i have been using that for the last year and is definitely the best one out of all that i have tried.

You can get a 30 day trial (i think its 30 days?) from the site for free and yeah thats not too bad considering it is a very expensive program to buy.

Let's Edit 2.0 is another program i used, it's like a much more "basic" and supposed-to-be-more-simple-but-it's-not version of Premiere. Although you would want to buy that one if you are entering video editing and won't be using it for very long...

Well there is Windows Movie Maker aswell, that actually DOES support DV, but i don't think you can have any effects on that.

Ulead DVD MovieFactory is good if you want to just put the footage from camera to computer, do a LITTLE bit of editing and chuck it straight onto dvd, that also has a 30 day trial free of the site.

So well you can decided, and then there is all the other hundreds of programs that i have never tried. (sorry im in a rush gotta leave) lol
#3December 24th, 2005 · 06:27 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
ok, that sounds good, thanks!

I'll try one or two things.

Anybody else has any suggestions? Or where I can find footage of news items etc?
#4July 20th, 2006 · 02:30 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
For the footage try http://www.archive.org

To edit video: Sony Vegas, you'll can add audio and effects.
#5July 20th, 2006 · 10:30 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
GarageBand 3!

You know I've gotta stand up for my mac programs...
#6August 8th, 2006 · 12:31 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
Get a mac...
#7August 8th, 2006 · 01:52 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
guess Samplitude has a professional movie editor
#8August 8th, 2006 · 11:33 PM
1 threads
52 posts
United States of America
A google search found this:

http://www.jahshaka.org/index.php

they have a WinXP version. Never used it myself though.

Also found this:
http://www.mainactor.com/

Look under video editing & compositing

#9August 9th, 2006 · 01:37 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
hmm that jashaka is looking interesting

I've had Adobe Premiere for quite some time now, never used it though. It seems good, but I haven't had much time to play around with it at all. Anyway, that's how things go.

Thanks for the suggestions though
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.