#1November 12th, 2005 · 09:12 AM
7 threads / 3 songs
47 posts
United Kingdom
Recording problems
hi, im having a few problems with my recording equipment and was wondering if anyone here could help to explain why im getting this problem. Basically, when i record on my guitar to a backing track or over a metronome i can hear the track echoed in the guitar track on playback. The echo is only very quiet and can only really be heard when all other tracks are muted but it is a pain in the ass none the less.

I think it might have something to do with my input/output set up so i will list it here for you:

Input:
Me--->Guitar--->GT6 effects and preamp---> digital line in to pc ----> cakewalk guitar pro

Output:
Cakewalk guitar pro---->  PC digital line out----->mixer---->PA/Phones

I cant see any problems here but the more experienced of you are probably going ":O OMGZ wHaT a n00b!!!!" can you see where the problem is??? My only other theory is that the output is creating the noise through my guitar pickups but i would have thought this highly unlikely/impossible??? Anyway thanks for your help.
#2November 15th, 2005 · 01:52 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
your description of your problem is a bit vague actually

without really knowing what your *actual* problem is my two immediate guesses are:

1) your headphones are bleeding into your mic
2) some sort of latency issue
3) some sort of circuitry feedback

i don't know what your problem is though - can you upload a sound sample?
#3November 15th, 2005 · 02:11 PM
7 threads / 3 songs
47 posts
United Kingdom
erm ok basically what i mean is if i take a backing track and add it into cakewalk, then record lead guitar or something over the top, i can still hear the backing track on playback even if i mute the original backing track. Its quite quiet but somehow the backing track kind of leaks over into the recorded track.

Its ok if im using something like backing but if i use a metronome i can hear the metronome recorded very quietly in the back ground of the track and its causing alot of noise pollution, bascially i cant record anything without drums without getting the sound of a metronome in the background. Problem is, im not using a mic to record, im using a digi in, so there must be some problem in my setup or in my soundcard/software. Is that abit clearer???

I could draw a diagram to make it easier.

Basically here's my backing track:

Back ..../..../..../..../

And heres my recorded track:

Lead ..L....L...L....L....L....

If i play them together i get this:

Lead ..L...L....L....L....L
Back .../.../..../..../...

But when i mute the backing track i get this:

Lead ..L../..L../..L../...
Back (muted)

I hope u understand what i mean :S i cant really describe it any other way. Thanks for ure help anyway
#4November 15th, 2005 · 02:30 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
ohhh... try a mixdown - that might just be the fact that when you "mute" the backing track it doesn't *actually* get muted all the way by your host progrem (cakewalk?)

so do a mixdown of just the Lead track with all the other tracks muted and see if it still bleeds through - it shouldn't bleed through on mixdown

mixdown is also usually known as "exporting" when you're using Cubase, and probably the same thing with Cakewalk Sonar
#5November 20th, 2005 · 06:25 PM
7 threads / 3 songs
47 posts
United Kingdom
hmmm no that didnt work i guess ill just ahve to cover it up with drums. Thanks for ure help neways.
#6March 25th, 2006 · 07:41 PM
8 threads / 8 songs
37 posts
Croatia (Hrvatska)
Please help!
1. Sorry on bad english.

I have problem with my recording proces and I don`t have much experience.Please help me, to finaly I can make a good record.

My way is:
I make most of rhythm track in F.L.5.0. and put him in 1. track Adobe Audition 2.0.
After that i record guitar (rhythm or solo), but in every track, when guitar is recorded I hear that rhythm track recorded together with guitar. And when I mix all files in one file, rhythm is too full.
How to I record my guitar parts clear. And what I do wrong?

I hope that I explain good.

By the way, I have my guitar conected in yamaha dg stomp guitar effect,wah-wah and cable from dg stomp in computer (Line in).

Tnx for help!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 8:12 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.