#1November 4th, 2005 · 07:50 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
using Fruity Loop
see: i have a whole song, made with patterns in FT, but i want to record my guitar over the song... how can i do it??? how can i make a new track to record my song with the base i made in FT??
hope u understand and help
#2November 9th, 2005 · 10:13 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
fruity loops isn't made for recording things

you have to export your track to a wav file and then import that track into an audio program like Cubase or Cakewalk

then you use that cubase/cakewalk program to record your guitar over the top of the drum track.
#3July 20th, 2006 · 02:39 AM
14 threads / 10 songs
68 posts
Mexico
Well, in FL Studio 6 you can add an "Audio clip" channel (menu>channels>add one>audio clip), then add the guitar previously recorded to that channel.
To put it into the song select that channel by clicking on it, then go to the lower part of the "Playlist", click on it, then arrange tha clip, as you did with patterns but in this case you'll see the wave instead of a block, sorry if this last part sound confusing
#4July 20th, 2006 · 03:32 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: using Fruity Loop
this might be of help..............

particularly using the FL as a VST

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Aug02/articles/fruityloops.asp
#5July 25th, 2006 · 05:54 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Or... Launch cubase first, make a new project in it... Open Fruity loops and automatically they are connected.

Read about ReWire.
#6August 1st, 2006 · 12:06 AM
1 posts
United States of America
can i import a fruity loops project into cubase? and how do i do that?
#7August 1st, 2006 · 04:10 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
djkoolaid wrote…
can i import a fruity loops project into cubase? and how do i do that?

No... You can't.

Read what DJSkygrinder wrote just before you... You need to either use FL as VST or run it alongside, using ReWire (virtually connecting the FL output to a mixer channel in Cubase).
#8August 8th, 2006 · 12:24 PM
26 threads
86 posts
United States of America
actually you can record a track in FL if you have an ASIO driver for your sound card (f you don't have one, just google for asio4all)

You just pick the mixer track you want, go up to the input selector in the upper right corner, select your sound card and the input you are using, then hit the floppy disk icon at the bottom of the channel strip (it automatically comes on when you pick an input, but turn it off and back on) and you'll get to pick where you want to save the audio clip. Then just pick your starting point on the playlist, arm fl to record (hit the record button first) and hit play. You'll get a 2-bar countoff (typical) and it will start playing, recording everything that comes through that particular mixer channel you picked before to the wav file. After you hit stop, it writes everything to an audio clip in the lower half of the playlist.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.