#1April 8th, 2008 · 02:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TK whats happened to the Announcements page
I wanted to post a thread in the announcements forum , mainly because I wanted to see if TK thread "Win the Battle?" would stop showing up red (not read) every time I log in , but lo and behold not only has TKs thread become an irritating 'sticky' thread the comment box at the bottom is also gone!!!
Or have I gone mad , again , and that there never was one to start with !!?? But then how have members posted to the Announcements thread before ??? Now I'm REALLY confused     

You can move this thread if you want to , it's just that I cant post it in the Announcements ...... theres no comment box.....had I already said that?!!!!! 

#2April 8th, 2008 · 05:03 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
after thinking about it for a second, I think it's probably best that there's no comment box on the Annoucements forum... it's tied to the home page, which shows the most recent threads on the Annoucements forum.. it'd be awkward to have just anybody's old thread on the home page.  The News and Events forum is probably the better spot for member-announcements.  (that's just my simple analysis, although, I hadn't noticed that the comment box was gone either!)

As for the forum never being marked "read", I'm pretty sure it's directly intentional... hard coded into the code for that thread/forum area.  I think the idea is that it stands out and flags more attention than previously.
#3April 9th, 2008 · 03:17 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TLS wrote…
it's tied to the home page, which shows the most recent threads on the Annoucements forum..

Is it ..... Does it ?
OK! So interesting threads like spoons and vincents bandAmp get-togethers are moved there !
Aa! Just read this http://forum.bandamp.com/Announcements/26062.html
You learn something new every day ! 

But then what is this http://forum.bandamp.com/Announcements/45945.html  doing there ?

I'm not into the 'irritating' sticky though. It's really irritating !
#4April 9th, 2008 · 06:42 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Only admins and moderators can post in the Announce section, or move threads there (or move threads anywhere, for that matter). I might have moved that " irritating" thread there when BandAMP went through a dull period, drawing in fewer visitors by the day... I thought that the site may have looked "dead"  with the front page not containing any recent material at all. So putting that post on there seemed a way to show activity aswell as an advertisement for the potential uses of this site.

Well, eventually things have been picking up with TK in place as programmer, so it's time to move that post back to where it came from! The Pit..
#5April 9th, 2008 · 03:18 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
so what to do?

my intension was not only the members to encourage to vote.. but also non members to show:: "hey there is a battle to win"....

and what we see now is that pretty much members place their work into a battle but only 13 (in this moment) voted for a song.... maybe there happens mire maybe not we'll see..

again what to do? several thing:
1. leave the thread until this battle is over to see the results. ehm take a look at the last battles... no one cared about it. and it shows me that only two hands full of members are willing to do that procedure and vote
or
2. we need a writer for this announcement page to use it as a real "recent news" site.
or
3. we use it as an anoouncement for birthdays or anniversaries or so.....

I like the second one.... hey YOU are bandamp
#6April 9th, 2008 · 04:46 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
TritonKeyboarder wrote…
so what to do?

my intension was not only the members to encourage to vote.. but also non members to show:: "hey there is a battle to win"....

and what we see now is that pretty much members place their work into a battle but only 13 (in this moment) voted for a song.... maybe there happens mire maybe not we'll see..

again what to do? several thing:
1. leave the thread until this battle is over to see the results. ehm take a look at the last battles... no one cared about it. and it shows me that only two hands full of members are willing to do that procedure and vote
or
2. we need a writer for this announcement page to use it as a real "recent news" site.
or
3. we use it as an anoouncement for birthdays or anniversaries or so.....

I like the second one.... hey YOU are bandamp

Hey TK, kings post wasnt pointing at your announcement, but at this thread, which is now in The Pit again. Having a appointed news writer seems a bit of a challenge, if anyone wants the job I suggest apply for it right here, right now

I would suggest that anyone who feels has news to be on the front page, can simply post in The Pit or News and Events and asking (within that post) to have it put in Announce. It is also us mods job to put interesting new stuff on the front page, but seriously tell me what would qualify and what not? I think battle announcements and reminders are definately a good one, they might get more attention.

I must also confess that I haven't checked out the Audio Review at all recently, no matter how flattered I am by having received new comments to old songs let alone vote.. Please don't kill me, I'll get back at it eventually....................
#7April 10th, 2008 · 02:00 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
What is worth it to announce?

and

who decides?

let the voting system decide... and here comes the real meaning of voting for a thread.

I would like to see some news about the music scene of all continents. btw.. did we have any guest or member from the continent of Africa on here? And I don't mean South Africa.... so much potential..... aaaaah

dont take this post too serious... because I thought out loud.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.