United Kingdom
voting.......bug..... moderator pick up
yep its done it again ...no stars appear after i access thru audio review
#2March 30th, 2008 · 03:25 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
hmm
I am not seeing the same issue... So, I am not sure... So far I have the stars on every song I check...  If anyone else is having this issue, please post here and let us know...  Very odd....

JimK
#3March 30th, 2008 · 03:48 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: voting.......bug..... moderator pick up
and again
#4March 30th, 2008 · 03:50 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: voting.......bug..... moderator pick up
and again haha just as well
#5March 30th, 2008 · 03:52 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: voting.......bug..... moderator pick up
y jim no stars offered when i go into audio forum

k?

fish
#6March 30th, 2008 · 05:46 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well
We spoke in skype...

Appears to be ok now...   Stars are not IN YOUR FACE like they should be... it appears to be a bit too sublime...  Perhaps it is time for a voting makeover...  The stars are nice.. but not really noticable..

What does everyone think?

Discuss...
#7March 30th, 2008 · 05:57 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
122 posts
United States of America
...at night look up into the sky.... Stars you will see on a clear night.... wish upon them....magic they are..

As far as for here? For the voting?  I liked whatever it was before the stars.. it was easier!
hitting the right spot at the right time to get the vote you want kinda sucks!
tis to aggravating if you ask me! But then I am not on here as much & haven't voted much
since it changed to the star stuff..... stoo-ie-blank-ers-indo-finatics-a-bill-it-tea!

-NT4M
#8March 30th, 2008 · 06:15 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
mmm... "easier" doesn't always mean "more effective" or "better"...  i agree with Jim, though, that the stars are not noticeable enough.  I think the stars ought to at least go down next to the mp3 player.  Maybe even center the stars in the middle of the post, to the right of the mp3 player?  It's a more objective way for people to give you feedback, as an artist.  it's quite useful and ought to take more of the spotlight.

Swordfish, I think I'm seeing the same thing as yourself... do you mean to say that for the songs that you have cast your vote, that the vote doesn't "stick"?  I'm browsing through a few songs that i KNOW i've voted on, and my vote is not remembered up in the stars on the page.   ... unless.. do you mean that the stars simply don't show up?

maybe the vote really is there, but it's not showing up when bandamp loads the page?
#9March 31st, 2008 · 03:19 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
first I moved this thread from pit to techsupport

second I cant see anything wrong. I also rated this thread and it appears  after pc reboot and site reloading
#10March 31st, 2008 · 05:25 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The Stars are in a very 'unnoticeable' place in the blue bar under the tabs.

As TLS says they should be next to the Wimpy player, like the older 'drop down list', because that was, as NT4Me  says a lot easier to see and therefore a lot easier to do !

They are now part of the Global Page Template : TK cant you scrap the code from the Global Template and put it only in the Audio Review Template.
I have some time this week if you want to do something about the stars I could suss out where the code is at least  , if that were to help you out at all TK?

The stars above the Comment Box are good

Why do people need to 'vote' on a thread anyway? It is only needed in the Audio Review IMNSHO

Mud offers the javascript code for the 'Voting Stars' on his 'nofunc.com' site
#11March 31st, 2008 · 06:50 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I vote for the stars, they are visible in the top corner of any thread (including songs), above the comment field, but yes they should be next to the player aswell. Maybe have it include a text "Click on stars to rate this song" .. although it may be all too obvious....... However for those who cannot find the stars in the first place, it may also have to be told how the stars actually work once they do find them.

The voting stars on normal threads aren't necessary. I do recall talking with mud once and he had been thinking about a friends-type search system highlighting threads that your friends had rated high, based on those stars. It never came to be that way and to me it sounds rather overdone... But this could be the reason...

It's great to see this site so much in motion!
#12March 31st, 2008 · 06:09 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
I was just about to say I didn't have any stars either...but then I remembered I have to log in before I see stars
(and sometimes I have to bump my head before I see stars...but that's another story altogether....)
#13April 1st, 2008 · 03:46 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
ok ijust didnt see them
*****r's

haha the fish

doh
#14April 2nd, 2008 · 02:59 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
didnt you wash your glasses?

haha the keyboarder

booh!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.