#1October 11th, 2007 · 08:49 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Opera 9.23 viewing bug
k, so this isn't fatal or anything, but i thought i'd let you know, just the same.

so, when i view any forum's thread, and move to page 2, a large percentage of the page's links appear as if they are highlighted by my mouse, but alas, they are not really, and it's rather distracting.

the items that appear highlighted are the following:

-post numbers
-PM and QUOTE buttons
-in the posts' headers:  user image tiles, usernames, thread/song/post count
-any links placed in the body of the post
-the page links at the end of the post's (before the "Reply + Rate Thread" part)
-the smiley table at the left of the reply box

all of the mentioned items are links, thus i conclude this:

the issue only takes effect after the page links at the top of the page.  a flag must be getting set when the browser highlights the active page number.  then, said flag isn't turning back off, which then highlights all the rest of the links on the page body until the bottom page links.  It turns the flag on (again) for highlighting the active page, which then highlights the smilies.  The links that add bold, italic, underline effects to the text are unaltered, as are the RSS and ATOM feed links.

there, now you ought to be able to fix the problem pretty simply the problem most likely resides in the page links at the top of the page.

jaa~ ne
TLS

[edit]
i forgot to mention:  when viewing a forum's threads (ie, as in... after i click "The Pit", or "Audio Review", but before i enter an actual thread), i can change pages freely without encountering this little visual glitch.  it only seems to affect the pages within a specific thread.
#2October 18th, 2007 · 09:42 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
update..  it only seems to be affecting the last page of each thread, so long as there is more than one page in the first place.  For example, if there are 8 pages of a single thread, only the 8th is acting up as described above.

Opera 9.24 just came out today-- I haven't made the switch yet, but I don't think it's going to solve this bug.  I think the bug is part of a "lazy" piece of code, where the highlighting isn't being explicitly stopped .  IE and Firefox seem to let the lack of terminating instruction slide, but Opera's being more anal about it.
#3October 25th, 2007 · 03:39 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Just checked that out in Opera, and sure enough, there was the bug you were talking about. It was because the  tag wasn't being terminated correctly. Thanks for letting me know, it didn't cause any problems, but it was a syntax error none-the-less.
#4October 26th, 2007 · 12:04 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
LOL mud's solution;

mud wrote…
Just checked that out in Opera, and sure enough, there was the bug you were talking about. It was because the  tag wasn't being terminated correctly. Thanks for letting me know, it didn't cause any problems, but it was a syntax error none-the-less.

my solution; use firefox   
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:12 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.