#1August 29th, 2005 · 08:11 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
I can't post a song...
I tried to post a song, and went through what I think are the right steps to do so, but I can't find it anywhere. What is happening?
#2August 30th, 2005 · 03:53 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
I would like to take just a second and commend you for posting an intelligent post, with an intelligent title.  (i'm a heavy user of sarcasm sometimes, but my tone is serious this time )

okay:

I'm not sure what all your problem entails..  It could be that your song isn't REALLY an mp3.  to go over the specifications for songs, view this post.  the only numbers on that list that should make the song simply NOT appear are numbers 1, 3 and a half, and 5.  the other issues would simply cause playback problems, i believe.

(you think i'm being funny about the '3 and a half' thing--i'm serious )

try checking for the things those three entries list.  this entails (more details are on that link i gave you) making sure the song has a ".mp3" extention (i'm assuming a Windows environment here, if you've got something else, you'll have to speak up and say so ), be sure it wasn't encoded with the mp3PRO codec (mp3PRO files have a ".mp3" extention too, which is why it can cause problems sometimes.  mp3PRO doesn't work here), and I'd check to see if the file size is under 5mb.  there are songs on BandAMP which are 6mb, but to play it safe, i'd try to keep your file size under 5mb if at all possible.

if none of that stuff is workin for you, try posting here again!

TLS
#3August 31st, 2005 · 03:19 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
works for me
heheh, that phrase never got anyone much of anywhere, but it's the only phrase I have right now...

me thinks it's PEBKAC error, no offense, but it probably is
#4August 31st, 2005 · 05:38 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
33 posts
Canada
Your right, the file is not an Mp3, it's a Wma file, now I have to figure out how to convert it...
#5August 31st, 2005 · 05:45 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
download something like "Goldwave"

it's not free, but it's a free demo.  it'll open and convert wma files for you though

download.com has it, i think.
#6September 1st, 2005 · 12:51 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
14 posts
United States of America
CONVERTING TO MP3
THERE IS A FREEWARE APPLICATION CALLED HI-Q.  IT IS A VERY SIMPLE RECORDER THAT WILL RECORD ANYTHING YOU THROW AT IT. I THROW MY MUSIC THROUGH MY MAIN MIC PORT AND CLICK RECORD.  IT WILL ASK WHERE YOU WANT YOUR FILE STORED.  I STORE MINE IN "MY MUSIC" FOLDER.  IT'S FREE AND VERY EASY...FEVERTREE
#7September 1st, 2005 · 02:49 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i personally like to use one called "dbpoweramp".  it's 123587 times better than anything else i've ever seen--and i've gone lookin!!  they have plugins available on the website to let it handle extra media types.. everything from wma to ogg to aac, mp4, real-player files, whatever else.

dbpoweramp is aimed at being a file-type converter.  it doesn't do anything else but that.  it also has a mini-program to rip music cds, but that's just an extra toy.

it'll tell you something about having limited use of the mp3 encoding (at least, last time i downloaded it that's what it said.)

just go find a download site for the LAME_ENC.dll and save it in the plugins folder for dbpoweramp and delete the old LAME encoder.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 10:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.