#1January 20th, 2008 · 05:48 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
Is there a search function?
Sorry if this thread already exists, but I wouldn't know because I can't find any way to search the forums. haha

Is there even a way to do this?

Thanks.
#2January 20th, 2008 · 08:51 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
yeh, just on the main page (click the bandamp logo at the top left of any of the pages on the site).  The search box is the first thing in the left column, just above the menu entries.

some of the items returned by the search are a little goofy lookin' (for instance, they may not have titles for some reason) but it's useable.  It tends to search the post text as well as subjects, so you may have to dig just a little.

hope that helps   (you're lucky the search works now!  that used to not be the case)
#3January 21st, 2008 · 01:08 PM
1 threads
5 posts
United States of America
Thanks. I used to be a member of the old MusicTalk forum and I remember that had the same interface. It's just been too long I guess.
#4January 21st, 2008 · 01:10 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Good point though, if the 'accessibility' of the site is being questioned.
A blue 'search' tab, seams so elementary, but yet it's not there !

LOL! The growth of bandAmp: this is not a small little site where one skips happily through a few forum pages looking for info on "guitar tabs" or "fl tutorials", becoming less so every day anyway.

Probably the first thing any new visitor looks for on the main page or on the page they have entered is the search box, I do anyway, when I'm looking for something, on an internet site !!?? Which is what most people do isn't it? Look for things ??

anyway! good song , needs lyrics..........sorry wrong thread !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:52 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.