1 2

#1September 19th, 2007 · 04:23 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
That last downtime was a bit ridiculous, huh?
Can we expect some new features, overhauled interface or something shiny?  Or was that the first of many crashes of what is a slowly dying engine?
#2September 19th, 2007 · 05:54 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
In that short interlude I bought bandamp.us ! 
#3September 19th, 2007 · 06:15 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
say what?
#4September 19th, 2007 · 08:15 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
kings wrote…
In that short interlude I bought bandamp.us !  :evil:
You're the one!!! Coincidence, I guess.  I tried to buy it a little bit ago.
#5September 19th, 2007 · 08:25 PM
50 threads
259 posts
United States of America
hahahah
#6September 19th, 2007 · 10:14 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
OK Kings........please be clear....

serious? You bought bandamp?

and isn't it a dot com?
#7September 19th, 2007 · 10:54 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
no, he bought bandamp.us, which is another domain name.  it's like having State street in every city in the united states.  they aren't the same, even though they have the same name.  it's a system that archaic from the start of the internet to allow more websites.
#8September 19th, 2007 · 11:28 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
well i don't know what they did but the pages are loading  like they should (superfast) and the chat is working great!!!  So I would say overall it was scary but it was an improvement
#9September 20th, 2007 · 12:17 AM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Not really.  Cookies still aren't persistent (at least for me), the pages aren't noticeably faster and there seems to be no organizational changes.  It's the same to me.  That's not bad, but I just think this is the start of a long downhill road.
#10September 20th, 2007 · 01:33 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I'm still waiting to hear from mud... Maybe this was part of the planned transition from one server to the other, and we are now running on a seperate server (not sure and not putting my money on it). Still having login issues. After I type my user name and password and press login, no matter what I do, it will take me several minutes before I can get to a new page on BandAMP at all, at which time I will be logged in. This is discouraging to the level that I refrain from logging in when I do not have anything particular to say, thus won't be able to even if I would feel like it. Hence, I don't post as much.

Great kings, that you now own bandamp.us. I suppose you won't be needing access to the BandAMP code once we're appointing people then?
#11September 20th, 2007 · 08:35 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Yeah, I guess everyone was convinced this last crash was the Bandamp "death rattle". I must confess I still don't understand what you did, Kings...exactly what did you buy and what does that mean for Bandamp?
#12September 20th, 2007 · 02:12 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
my question is: why didnt anybody inform this extraordinary community of bandamp?
#13September 20th, 2007 · 02:21 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
@px: mostly it ends up in a "timeout error" on the server. its an database issue I think
@kings: I bought dog food today
#14September 20th, 2007 · 04:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Triton : what a coincidence , I also bought cat food today !!!!! Wow!

Because theAmp was down for so long I started a thread in the 'emergency forum', where indeed a few members did visit to find out what was going on. Not that anyone has any answers, it's just good to know were all in the same boat.
Well Triton posed the question in that thread;  'has anyone an idea how to make an own site for this "family"?'
There being no bandAmp at the time!
I personally believe that we can, if we "pool our resources" , there's an awful lot of knowledge, individual talent and determination between us all here and with a good plan ANYTHING is possible!
That's what I think!
So, in writing a reply to Triton I suggested www.bandamp.us, just to make sure it was possible I checked my own providers 'domain name registering' page.
www.bandamp : .com , .org , .net , .co.uk , .gb.net , .de and .es  are all registered
But www.bandamp.us was available LOL , so I bought it! Boom Boom
I also bought bandamp.nl for a year!!

So what does that mean? Like Triton says "I bought dog food today"!  nothing much, except that I am the proud owner of the internet address www.bandamp.us   , Which I think is really cool!!! , It has a certain ring to it!  lol

If I understand PX correctly , 'we' will be the 'proud owners' of www.bandamp.com some time soon anyway ?? of niet??

bandamp.us could have a front page and a forum, it would be up while bandamp.com might be down!!

But then again it could also become some thing completely different!!
Anyone fancy a programming collab?

I wonder why www.bandamp.net and www.bandamp.org both redirect to the same odd page?
#15September 20th, 2007 · 07:30 PM
17 threads / 3 songs
185 posts
United States of America
wierdness
my log in time is  way fast compared to what it used to be... and when I click on a new page BAM instant page no waiting.  I was in the chat room right after it was back up  i think there was about 5 of us in there
whenever we had that many before it used to go real real slow, and kick someone off every so often...
the chat stayed up with the typing( I hate typing into the little box and the typing letters don't show up and I have to wait a bit to see if I typed it right)  and  it didn't kick anyone off ... I say that is some improvement ..maybe not much  but it is lots better for me.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 7:00 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.