#1September 1st, 2007 · 06:15 AM
1 threads
United Kingdom
Email Password
Hi guys.  The email password function doesn't seem to work.   I'm trying to get the password for user "nevertimes".  I've had to register "nevertime" In order to send this message.
#2September 1st, 2007 · 07:41 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I tested it and it worked for me....  I know you have to have the correct email address and username, this is the email address you used to sign up, and all of it is CASE SENSITIVE.. so, make sure you aren't accidently making any letters upper that should be lower, or lower that should be upper...  I sent you a PM with the email address you signed up with... If you don't have that email address anymore, then there aint a whole lot I can do..

JimK
#3September 3rd, 2007 · 06:08 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I second that: the email password thing does work. However some people, like ToastedGoat, have also been unable to retrieve it via this system. This MAY be because the email ends up in your Spam folder - - - It may get filtered out entirely if you have spam watcher programs installed.

It may even happen that the email gets filtered by your provider, even before it reaches your computer. In this case there's nothing you can do about it....... The bandamp server was flagged as a spammer some time ago, so that may be the reason for this to happen.
#4September 3rd, 2007 · 12:29 PM
42 threads / 1 songs
556 posts
United States of America
Why was Bandamp flagged as spam?
We're not spam.
Spam is a mixture of processed meat wrapped in a tin can.
I like it fried with scrambled eggs.
#5September 3rd, 2007 · 01:42 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
yeps thats true. But I think there were issues with an attempt at a newsletter one time, that was being mailed around to all members, and it was completely blank, and was being mailed repeatedly on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple times per day.

If enough people decide this empty post should be flagged as spam, then the mail servers will flag the entire server as spammer and it goes on a blacklist, which is distributed to providers all over the world. Yep thats how things can get nasty...
#6October 29th, 2007 · 04:28 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Oldies324 wrote…
Why was Bandamp flagged as spam?
We're not spam.
Spam is a mixture of processed meat wrapped in a tin can.
I like it fried with scrambled eggs.

I think the problem may have been the forum posts... e.g., when someone replies to your thread, you used to get an email that said "You've got a new reply to your thread" which is basically, pretty lame, and kinda spam-like. Anyways, I switched that about a week ago to say exactly what the reply was, so now there is some real content in the email... This also helps because now you don't have to visit BandAMP to read the post, which saves on the server bandwidth, and cpu time (unless, of coarse, if you want to respond).

Puppet is probably right as well (about the newsletter, although, I never heard about that... was probably something that happened the short period Slasherx's was being employed). But, hopefully, this new server wont be flagged as a spam server.
#7November 3rd, 2007 · 10:05 PM
1 threads
4 posts
Australia
Hmm, this may be part of my problem... when I sent for the password recovery, I get sent a default type password, a bunch of numbers and letters. This wasn't what I had before, and now I think I'm being recognised as a new user...
#8November 3rd, 2007 · 10:23 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
nevermind about that last post... I remembered my old password and I can access everything again...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:50 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.