#1August 13th, 2005 · 03:02 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
Uploading
So I put my song on the site, but when I click play nothing happens. The loading bar goes soild blue like it's been loaded, and yet, nothing plays. Is there something wrong with the server itself, or did I just upload it wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
#2August 13th, 2005 · 11:07 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
When I went to the upload song screen, I hit browse and chose the song, filled out the name and description, then hit the upload key. After it uploaded, I got some giant page about how it failed to open stream and fatal errors and all this shit. I'm so frustratefd right now, I can't even begin to explain it. So...what the fuck? Any ideas? The song is in mp3 format and is 3.96MB.
#3August 14th, 2005 · 05:45 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
27 posts
United States of America
help...anybody...please?
#4August 14th, 2005 · 05:49 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
33 posts
United States of America
I get basically the same thing. This is a major issue, and needs to be resolved. I have no idea what the hell is going on, and I beg of assistance.
#5August 15th, 2005 · 03:44 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
yes, i belive that this is the same issue several others have had since friday.  stick to it though.  entheon is the progger now, so maybe a PM or two to him would be helpful.  just don't send off 15 of them to him
#6August 17th, 2005 · 04:30 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
i find da song i wana upload but wen i press upload it dont do it
#7August 17th, 2005 · 04:41 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
well, curt100, there are several problems that could be at the core of your issue...

-make sure you're working with a very up-to-date browser.  the site has been designed with firefox under MacOSX.  now that entheon is on the coding-side of bandamp, i'm sure he's adding more functionality to other browsers to avoid problems like this.  but either way, i'm fairly certain that if your browser is one of the main three (IE, FireFox, or Opera) that it should work.

-be sure the file is a real, legit mp3 file, not an mp3PRO file, or an aac, an m4p, or any of the like.  Win. Media player and iTunes both WILL NOT encode into mp3 by default.  MPlayer does wma files (despite the fact that it tells you it's an mp3) and iTunes does aac by default.  anyway, be sure that the file is real mp3 material.  the specifications about the mp3 files are:  bitrate between 96kbps and 192kbps, don't use VBR (variable) bitrates, use the LAME_ENC.dll to encode mp3s.  you may have luck even if you don't stick to those guidelines, but to avoid possible headache, i suggest you try to follow those guidelines.  it's not life-and-death, but it does the trick sometimes.  by the way, i'm not sure what max file size is, but it's mostly likely no larger than 7 Mb.  the admins say 5 usually, but i've seen songs that are 6.

-is there any sort of error that the page tells you?  do you get an error page?  does the browser just crash?  does it appear to be uploading, but it makes no progress?  we need more details than "it won't work."

-what kind of connection do you have on the internet?  modem? broadband (cable, dsl, t1, whatever)?

-do you use aol?   maybe that should have been the first question :P  no, i don't have aything against aol users, per say, but aol itself... oi.  it can't be trusted
#8August 17th, 2005 · 09:11 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
ite cheers i think it cos the fil was wav, mite b da problem cos i use firefox so ta
#9August 17th, 2005 · 09:19 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
18 posts
United Kingdom
i duno actually stil aint avin it, tho the ones i tried were over 5mb
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 3:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.