#1August 13th, 2005 · 02:45 PM
6 threads / 4 songs
33 posts
United States of America
Problem With Sound In Uploaded Song
Whenever I upload a song, it loads onto my music page, but displays the following:

Warning: move_uploaded_file({$DOCUMENT_ROOT}/amp_files/957.mp3) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/bandamp.com/users.php on line 353

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/var/tmp/phpwBu7T7' to '{$DOCUMENT_ROOT}/amp_files/957.mp3' in /web/bandamp.com/users.php on line 353

Warning: update_xml(/scripts/getid3/getid3.php) [function.update-xml]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/bandamp.com/z_functions.php on line 776

Fatal error: update_xml() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/scripts/getid3/getid3.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/local/share/pear') in /web/bandamp.com/z_functions.php on line 776

It refuses to play. What could be the problem?
#2August 14th, 2005 · 04:29 AM
3 threads
5 posts
Spain
I have exactly the same problem, using Firefox here.
#3August 14th, 2005 · 08:34 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
33 posts
United States of America
I tried with firefox and netscape. Neither work.
#4August 14th, 2005 · 10:38 AM
29 threads / 21 songs
75 posts
United Kingdom
had the same problem. think we should email the creaters of the site ...
?
#5August 15th, 2005 · 03:40 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
may wanna PM entheon, too.  he's the coder as of now.
#6August 15th, 2005 · 06:19 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
works for me... i can't seem to duplicate the error... i checked the offending lines and there seems to be no problem...

try again please? i think it is fixed...
#7August 15th, 2005 · 06:29 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
for anyone who's uploaded a song in the past few days that doesn't play please try uploading again...

i just sucessfully uploaded a test song and it didn't give me the error and it also played fine in the flash player...

so i need to know now if it works for others as well...

remember your song must be under 5M and try to keep the bitrate fairly normal... apparently this flash player doesn't like screwy bitrates... avoid VBR encoding if at all possible and aim for something between 96kbps and 192kbps

try to use something other than iTunes to do your encoding... LAME is a good defacto reference standard encoding engine...
#8August 15th, 2005 · 06:41 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
ho w can i re-upload my song??
i tyed but it says that it's already up-loaded!!!
how can I ease the old song to post it again??? it's some way of taking of the old vesion????
buy the way, my song is called Not Good Enough, so try to elp me...
#9August 15th, 2005 · 11:08 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
33 posts
United States of America
It was the bit rate that was my problem (over 1000). Fixed it now, go review my two new songs!
#10August 15th, 2005 · 03:43 PM
3 threads
5 posts
Spain
Very well, bitrate was also my problem, but shouldn't the uploaded and non-working songs be deleted so we can reupload them?
#11August 16th, 2005 · 02:53 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
yes they should... and you can in fact delete them

here's how:

go to your "My Home" page and click on "My Music"

you will see your list of songs... find the song you wish to delete
click on the drop down selection menu at the right hand side of the screen corresponding to the song you wish to delete... select "Delete MP3"

if you have already entered the song into battle then you will not see the "Delete MP3" option and you must first select the "Declare Peace" option before you are able to delete your song...

after you have selected "Declare Peace" you can now go to the drop down menu and select "Delete MP3" and yes, if you want or need to re-upload a song you must delete it first... same thing goes for if you create a better version of your song where you took people comments and criticisms... you must first delete the original, name your song "My Song v2.0" and then upload and re-enter a whole new battle...

uploading two versions of the same song is against the rules unless they are really truely signifigantly different to make them virtually different songs... i.e. an electric vs an acoustic version and or a folk/rock version and an electronica remix...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.