#1December 28th, 2007 · 11:32 AM
51 threads / 31 songs
114 posts
United States of America
Where did my votes go?
I have entered a song in the battle (the challenger of Salinger). It says I have something like 8 votes. But when I go to the song (the actual thread or the music tab) to check up on it it says I have no votes and no average.  What is going on?
#2December 28th, 2007 · 06:40 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It's got some thing to do with the fact that the whole voting system doesn't work at all!! 
Or so I understand anyway.
And even though the Amp is a fairly popular site and well loved by it's users nothing much is ever done to get it actually working.
#3December 29th, 2007 · 04:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
It's got some thing to do with the fact that the whole voting system doesn't work at all!! 
Or so I understand anyway.
And even though the Amp is a fairly popular site and well loved by it's users nothing much is ever done to get it actually working.

I think the only way to motivate someone to work on the site, is to pay someone. I suggested recently that we set up a donation fund, naturally I would personaly donate money. It could be used for anything.

Cheers

Denis
#4December 29th, 2007 · 05:36 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yea! Good idea Denis !
Most of the presently active members have been there with this conversation, I'd have thought you'd have 'been there'  too!

As much as mud would like to say that his 'baby' is growing, I get the feeling that the point is missed, like everything in existence (as above so below and all that!)(wheels within wheels etc) an internet site must also develop and grow otherwise it just stagnates and 'living' people loose interest, because they are growing.
Anyway have a good year 
#5December 29th, 2007 · 11:02 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
yes this is a good idea.. I know of another website that you can subscribe to ...i like the donate thing better

This other site is pretty big compared to this one but..........they still are plagued with lots of problems too.
That site is free or can be a paid site and yet still the have as many or more problems than this site it seems like.

I think this site is excellent . The sky is the limit in what we want to do with it.  We just need to get going on it.
Set up a leader/leaders systems and voting input on ideas and what ideas should be implemented first.(imho, fix the problems first , make the site as stable as can be, then start implementing ideas)

I would also donate to the bandamp site if it would help start things rolling ..Now that we are in charge who is in charge to get these things rolling? 

I vote for  Jim if he wants it (seems to be doing a great job as a mod) and or PUP (also does a great job) if he wants it. These are just my opinions so take em for what they are worth (not much probably ).
#6December 30th, 2007 · 02:38 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Voting
The main thing about the voting thing right now is, it is working, BUT, it isn't counting because the minimum number of votes had never been met... if the minimum votes aren't met, the ratings will not show on the song, and the song will not get a spot in the battle. If no songs meet the minimum, then the battle has no winner and is basically null...   I would love to get this changed, to where the votes that are made are counted, and there is NO minimum votes..but that one vote of 100 wont beat 4 votes of 89.I will set up a Paypal account in the name of Bandamp, and put a Donate button up...  For some reason I can't get anything added to the main homepage again..  I don't know why...  I would love to get some good php/unix programmer to look at the site, but as of now, noone seems willing to step up to the challenge...

I hope we can get someone soon....  As I do have the access, PLEASE, if you are good at php/unix, I need you to contact me if you can help...

Thanks..
                   JimK
#7December 30th, 2007 · 02:42 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Toasty : I'd "Vote for Jim" too but apparently there's a minimum amount of votes before it starts counting! Meaning, if we ALL vote for Jim something might happen! 

But seriously Jim I know a little PHP and zilch unix , I should know more but I dont!  

Why cant we just employ Avi?    lol
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:28 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.