#1October 3rd, 2007 · 10:13 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Not a BIG deal but....
I noticed while browsing that the song count is off.  For Example...  When looking at Marino in the featured artist list, it shows him as having 11 songs posted..but when I go to his song list He has much more than that?  Anyway..thought I would mention it while all the bugs are being worked out...
#2October 4th, 2007 · 01:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
It's been this way for months, I'm sure it's been reported before????

Denis
#3October 6th, 2007 · 04:35 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I have been attempting to upload some photo's. But I'm not able to. it's not accepting any of my uploads...Is anyone else having this same problem ?

Flyer
#4October 6th, 2007 · 07:11 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Not just that,
But not all my songs show in my list... The Asylum for instance isn't showing in the list... Very Strange....

I can hunt for it in the list of threads I have started, but that takes forever.. I had a heck of a time finding it..

Haven't tried to upload pictures Flyer, But I did upload a song.. and it worked fine.. 

But it isn't showing in my list...

JimK
#5October 6th, 2007 · 08:04 PM
76 threads / 5 songs
529 posts
Cook Islands
Same here Flyer.I've tried a bajillion times on different computers and it isn't working either.
And it says I have 0 songs when I have 3.
#6October 6th, 2007 · 11:44 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I have noticed some time ago about the song count being incorrect.
I have a song on my page list that I have no idea what it is. there isnt a title for the song, but, its showing as a song that I have added to my song list
I have uploaded songs Jim, that seems to working just fine. I know that there has been problems with the server. We Can post our problems all we want...We need to find a answer as to having someone who is capable of investing time, which would be a lot, to keep the Amp up and running. The way it is set up now as being a free site is a good idea. but if there was a small membership fee that would cover the cost of a Moderator to keep the Amp going, I for one would be willing to pay a Fee... we can keep it reasonable..anywhere from $1.00-$5.00...and use this money to pay the person who is investing their time to keep the server going.. If the membership thing isnt a good idea then how about donations from us to pay the fee..This is just a idea  to try and keep the Amp going strong

Flyer
#7October 7th, 2007 · 02:37 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I would happily give a bit of money if that was what was needed to get the Amp fixed after all it is our community and it's down to us to do something about it
I'm useless with computer so I can't offer any help with fixing code but if we need to get someone to spend some time fixing the program it's only fair that we pay him/her for the time
#8October 7th, 2007 · 07:31 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
Fear NOt
FLYER7747 wrote…
I have noticed some time ago about the song count being incorrect.
I have a song on my page list that I have no idea what it is. there isnt a title for the song, but, its showing as a song that I have added to my song list
I have uploaded songs Jim, that seems to working just fine. I know that there has been problems with the server. We Can post our problems all we want...We need to find a answer as to having someone who is capable of investing time, which would be a lot, to keep the Amp up and running. The way it is set up now as being a free site is a good idea. but if there was a small membership fee that would cover the cost of a Moderator to keep the Amp going, I for one would be willing to pay a Fee... we can keep it reasonable..anywhere from $1.00-$5.00...and use this money to pay the person who is investing their time to keep the server going.. If the membership thing isnt a good idea then how about donations from us to pay the fee..This is just a idea  to try and keep the Amp going strong

Flyer

Ralph, have you not been paying attention? Mud and Downchuck have been switching this to a new server, and fixing it up, and getting it ready to turn over to a couple users here who know code, and have the time to invest in it. And it isn't the Moderator who does that. The Moderators are me and PX, we can keep spam off the site, and step in when members get unruly, but that's it...  And where is your song?  HMMMM????  Perhaps you need to be flogged 30 times with a wet noodle?

JimK
#9October 7th, 2007 · 02:03 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Jim
I know that moderator isn't the correct term...I know that a new server is being installed and that its being worked on..and my hat is off to Mud and to Down..I as well as the rest ( I'm Sure.. I'm not trying to speak for the rest of us )of the Ampers  appreciate the effort they are putting forth
So, why not invest in paying a programmer a small amount of money to keep things going strong...Thats my point that I'm trying to make Jim...I'm well aware of whats going on with the amp....
and yes  Ill get that song...lol  when we get donations for a programmer

Down And Mud put a lot of time into this work. They don't receive any compensation for it. Why Can't we at least make a effort to show our appreciation and pay them a little bit of money...and to get money to them, or whoever it would be doing the work that its going to take to keep the Amp going...

Flyer
#10October 7th, 2007 · 04:51 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Why cant Downchuck put a 'donate' button somewhere, aimed at Muds (or his own) bank account???
We could then have situations where members could 'make deals' for things on the site! "I'll donate $20 if you put a 'Collaboration Review' up"!!! lol
But seriously...........
#11October 7th, 2007 · 06:41 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
I've been screaming about a Donate button since I got here.  I will not however, stay here if there is a membership fee.  It's a matter of principle.
#12October 8th, 2007 · 01:20 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Agreed, donations should be made on a voluntary basis! And I'm one who certainly will donate, because I can, and I'm more than just a casual visitor to the site. BandAMP should remain free for use. And there's going to be given access to the code by a few members of the site - how many times has this been said? - so that's where our new programmer basis will come from.

There is nothing wrong with a donate button! As long as it isn't blocking the view and screaming in your face...
#13October 29th, 2007 · 04:09 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
re: Not a BIG deal but....
MindsAtPlay wrote…
I noticed while browsing that the song count is off.  For Example...  When looking at Marino in the featured artist list, it shows him as having 11 songs posted..but when I go to his song list He has much more than that?  Anyway..thought I would mention it while all the bugs are being worked out...

Just fixed this a few days ago, should be working fine now.

kings wrote…
Why cant Downchuck put a 'donate' button somewhere, aimed at Muds (or his own) bank account???
We could then have situations where members could 'make deals' for things on the site! "I'll donate $20 if you put a 'Collaboration Review' up"!!! lol
But seriously...........

Lol, yah, that would be nice...

What I'm wanting to do as far as donations, is:

(1) setup the Non-Profit Organization (NPO)

(2) gain tax deductibility status on the NPO, so when an individual or company donates something... they get a little something back (as far as deducting it from their taxes). I think a lot more companies would be willing to donate larger ticket items once this is the case.

(3) all donations would go towards the COMMUNITY, not to an individual person... Someone would have to be in charge of the donations (a treasurer), but that person would be trustworthy enough to put all the money back into BandAMP... be that in prizes, BandAMP sponsors concerts, radio time, or whatever else we need as a community.

As far as me/chuck, we don't really need money, we need more time! (aka, we need more help on BandAMP, lol)... Once the NPO is setup, and has gained tax-deductible status, I plan on donating quite a bit of money towards the community.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.