#1December 22nd, 2007 · 10:35 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Image upload
I cant upload an image into my 'album' it keeps on telling me that 'You must enter all required information' yet I filled in every text box with different text , tried a .png and a .gif but to no avail.

Is this an ongoing problem, Flyer had the same but ages ago, or is this a new bout of problems?
Or is the answer in my own PC?
Is there an answer to this at all?
#2December 22nd, 2007 · 10:47 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
i'm no mod, but i know that the problem was corrected once or twice upon a time.  heck, it used to upload it, but then write a blank page after that, and the image wasn't in your album.

as a general rule though, the name you give the picture and the description can't have quote or apostrophes AT ALL.  the apostrophe is the goofy part, in my opinion.  I'm sure i could deal with it if it were only the " mark, but the single quote is a killer.

does that fix anything?  i can't upload a test picture myself right now
#3December 22nd, 2007 · 10:50 AM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
re: Image upload
kings wrote…
I cant upload an image into my 'album' it keeps on telling me that 'You must enter all required information' yet I filled in every text box with different text , tried a .png and a .gif but to no avail.

Is this an ongoing problem, Flyer had the same but ages ago, or is this a new bout of problems?

When you say tried a .png and a .gif are you saying the format is in jpeg but you tried other formats just to see?
I think images have to be jpeg no? I've had this problem before too, I think the amp just doesn't like some pics. LMAO. I think what I did was used a different editing program, saved it to a different format, re opened it and saved it back to jpeg.
#4December 22nd, 2007 · 12:45 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
it appears
That the answer may lie in your puter... As I was able to upload a test image without incident...   I dunno..

Try it again, maybe even try a different browser....

JimK
#5December 22nd, 2007 · 03:00 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: re: Image upload
BasketCase wrote…
kings wrote…

When you say tried a .png and a .gif are you saying the format is in jpeg but you tried other formats just to see?
I think images have to be jpeg no? I've had this problem before too, I think the amp just doesn't like some pics. LMAO. I think what I did was used a different editing program, saved it to a different format, re opened it and saved it back to jpeg.

Cheers BC I'll give the jpg a go. 
#6December 22nd, 2007 · 03:05 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
YES! I had to save it as a jpg it is now in the album, nice one BC ! 
#7December 22nd, 2007 · 04:13 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
kings wrote…
YES! I had to save it as a jpg it is now in the album, nice one BC !  :D

I guess I am still useful for something in my old age! LMAO Glad to hear it!
#8December 22nd, 2007 · 07:08 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I have uploaded
Gifs as well as animated Gifs before...

Also have done a PNG so I dunno..  I think it may be a weird quirk...

Very strange...  unless someone made a change...  hmmmm..

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 5:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.