#1August 2nd, 2005 · 09:53 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
Song Download
when i try to download a song, i get a media bar open on the left of the page, and microsoft comes up on the page saying there's an error and it can't play the file. This is really annoying cos' i wanted to put my playlist on my mp3 player. Is there anything that can be done tor ectify my problem?!
#2August 8th, 2005 · 02:40 AM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Is this still happening for you? Seems to work fine for me...
#3August 9th, 2005 · 07:50 AM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
er... that's odd... what browser do you use?
#4August 9th, 2005 · 11:29 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
it's probably IE trying to help out and play your media for you.  i believe there's an option you can set for that... i didn't think that it included mp3s though... is it a version of IE older than 6?  if it's IE at all that is.

anyway, here's how i would turn it off if you use IE.  hopefully it would work:

Tools menu
Internet Options
Advanced tab
there should be a big list of check boxes.  scroll down til you find a section of them called "Multimedia"
I'd try turning off the "Play sounds in web pages" checkbox..

i'm not convinced that would do it, but hey, it's worth a shot.  i read over all the other options twice, and i couldn't find any other relavant settings.

let me know if that does anything.

also, there may be some option on that media panel that you can click on to make it stop showing up.  it's really buggy, i've found.  i'd just as soon be done with it and just use the real media player, winamp, or some other 3rd party player.
#5August 10th, 2005 · 01:09 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
unfortunately, it didn't work. Not really that much of a wiz with computers, and i can't find out which IE it is.
#6August 10th, 2005 · 03:00 PM
8 threads / 6 songs
46 posts
Norway
Go to Help -> and there you find 'About Internet Explorer' and it says what version it is, right under the logo.
#7August 11th, 2005 · 03:36 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
version 6.0
#8August 11th, 2005 · 04:53 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hey maybe it's just doing that to you because you're weird :P

JUST kidding.  (i'm really, really tired right now!)

i'm not sure what would be doing that then.  wow... i'm really at a loss.

i went scouring over options in media player 10 looking for an option that would make it act like that, but i haven't come across anything yet.

i'll keep looking up the problem.  i'll post again if i figure anything out, for sure.

oo, wait.  try this.  i hope you have the same option i'm seeing on my comp :P

when that sidebar pops up, there should be a sort of media player part of it on the bottom, yah?  i think part of the media controls down there has a button that should be labeled something like "More Media Options."  you should get a menu with something like "More Media" and "Radio Guide".  one of the other menu entries should be called "settings."  inside the SETTINGS menu, there should be an option that is called "Play web media in the bar" or something.

i think that you have that setting marked with a checkmark?  turning that off should fix the problem.  or at least... i would hope...

good luck with that   if it STILL doesn't work, then i'll stick with my first statement on this post

(after unchecking that option, you may have to restart IE in order to get it to take effect, as in, close all the IE windows open, and then start one back up and see what happens.)
#9August 11th, 2005 · 11:38 AM
11 threads / 2 songs
69 posts
United Kingdom
Success!
No idea how you worked that one out, but it's worked. Thanks a lot!
#10August 11th, 2005 · 12:36 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
hehe!  i'm probably as happy as you are    after a day full of tech failures at work... i get one victory   hehe.

have a great day man.  oi, i'm really tired still.  but have a great day anyway.
#11August 11th, 2005 · 05:48 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
Awesome! Glad you guys figured it out 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 9:59 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.