1 2

#1February 1st, 2007 · 02:27 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Been there!!!!
So you might have seen my posts and others about it.
By all accounts you seam to have tried all i was also told to do, except one thing!
And that is to save your mp3s/wavs in iTunes as MP3's.
iTunes is free and for some reason when I save my songs from iTunes, with a normal name as close to c: as possible, (to eliminate any strange file names) and then upload in IE it works.
I only use IE and iTunes to get my songs to upload to bandAmp!
And don't save as ProMP3's (if you ever come across the choice)
#2February 2nd, 2007 · 08:08 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Nope. Nada. Nothing...
hmmmmmmmmmmm??????

OK
Question...
1) what program u using to record your music?

lets start here

the fish
#3February 3rd, 2007 · 04:34 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I've just saved Mercurys Fancies as an MP3 in iTunes, it was an mp3 but it's what I do to get them to upload.
It went from 10,628kb to 7,087kb.

For the record it's China's firewall that restricts Jackfancy from uploading not this sites odd uploading rules.
#4February 3rd, 2007 · 10:14 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Maybe China's fire wall is not the problem! I don't know for sure!
Before I do upload the song for you, you could do one thing and that is 'convert to mp3' in iTunes.
I had to go to 'preferences' to change the 'convert to...' option then if I right click a song in the list, half way down the right menu there's a choice to 'convert to...', it should make a copy of your song, right under the original in the song-list, it will have the same name and will be found in the 'MyDocuments/MyMusic/iTunes/ folder, that's the song I upload through IE!
#5February 19th, 2007 · 11:04 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Do any of you have any copies of these so called "broken" mp3's you can upload onto a site somewhere for me to download? I'd like to see what is going on with these files and why they won't upload. Thanks.
#6February 20th, 2007 · 03:26 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Oh ya I didn't mean they were broken, but I wanted a few copies of files that weren't uploading. I wanted to see if I can track down why they won't upload. I assume they're not uploading? Or are they not playing in the music player? Please let me know. Thanks.
#7February 20th, 2007 · 12:18 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Hey slasherx dude with GOOD taste.
You could try and recreate the MP3s we first tried to upload by saving a wav as mp3 in WaveLab or Nero (nero was also just a tester for me) I usually work with WaveLab. I couldn't upload these MP3s until I saved them as MP3s again in iTunes.
As I stated above they went from 10,628kb to 7,087kb.
I was having problems at the time uploading with FF, so I suggested IE to Jack but recently (armed with iTunes MP3s) I have been uploading through FF.
I'll try out one of my own 'first' MP3s later on tonight and I'll report back to you.
If you REALLY want an MP3 that didn't work for me I can post it on line and send you the link.

Nice to see you around, and your avatars!
#8February 20th, 2007 · 03:47 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
[A little later]
I've just uploaded a dead old MP3 (from my older collection) with FireFox!

Dude you've done something right somewhere! 
#9February 21st, 2007 · 06:09 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Ya I'd appreciate it if you could give me a link to one. And just for the record, I have touched nothing yet in the code. :P

I just wanted to put one of those dead mp3's through a test script and enviornment to see what happens or doesn't happen.
#10February 22nd, 2007 · 08:06 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
OK! so the problem might have been in my PC and my cache etc, it was just that when I posted a question about it I received loads of answers, giving me the impression that uploading MP3s was a wide spread problem.

You are welcome to download any of the mp3's on this page : http://www.kingsonone.com/can-euon/caneuontri.htm    (speaker icon)
They are the very same lot I was trying to upload for SOOO long!
And the one I uploaded a few days ago came from the same place (not through iTunes)
1 2

Server Time: May 5th, 2024 · 6:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.