1 2

#1June 7th, 2013 · 10:58 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The AMP is Slow
I've noticed over the pass week, the AMP is very slow, sometimes it takes ages for all items on a page to download. It's quite irritating.  Please sort it out.

It's also slow in general activity, I know this happens from time to time, but hey come on you AMPERS you must have at least one interesting thing to share with us, even if it's personal.

Talking of which, we're celebrating our 25th wedding Anniversary this year and booked our first ever Mediterranean Cruise with the 'Royal Caribbean' - I'm looking forward to the entertainment, it has a 1000 seat capacity theatre, full on shows etc. It also has an Ice Rink, top shows to. We're off for two weeks from the 10th August, setting off from Southampton UK - I'm very excited, will be taking lots of photo's and video to share with you. Here is a video of the Ship

#2June 10th, 2013 · 03:02 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
NO RESPONSE...Hmmmmm
hello is there any body out there....out there

HELLO........
#3June 11th, 2013 · 01:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Just a little pin prick .... you'll feel no more aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh !

You and the missus on that cruise ship for two weeks ? WOW ... now that is living it !

Wont you miss all your instruments under the bed ? 
#4June 11th, 2013 · 04:54 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Just a little pin prick .... you'll feel no more aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh !

You and the missus on that cruise ship for two weeks ? WOW ... now that is living it !

Wont you miss all your instruments under the bed ?  ;)

Yeah will sure miss my gear under the bed, wardrobe, attic....lol, but hey I'm so excited, lots to do, what an adventure. I've bought a Canon DSLR 600D camera, been really getting into photography over the last few weeks, hoping to capture some great moments and video on the cruise.

So what about the AMP, it's slow at certain times and takes forever for one page to download??

You are coming through in waves.......Along the distant horizon........
#5June 12th, 2013 · 02:39 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I'd say it's your own local connection, either at home or in your area.
I have no lagging in my internet / bandamp as far as I can tell.

Yes 2 weeks of pictures from a cruise ship .... horizon , sea , seagulls .... and a few of the pool !

#6June 12th, 2013 · 09:28 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
No lag here (or any other detectable problems, as far as I can tell), either, Denis...by the way, Happy Anniversary and here's hoping your cruise experience is fabulous!
#7June 12th, 2013 · 11:25 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Have you asked your neighbours about their internet ?
My internet is fine except when I'm trying to watch the bbc, I presume they have their own british based servers, bloody things have to load every 10 seconds, very irritating ! Could be cos yer on an island .... everything's just a little bit slower   

There .... I do believe it's working ... good
That'll keep you going for the show ...
Come on it's time to go
#8June 12th, 2013 · 03:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
battlecat wrote…
No lag here (or any other detectable problems, as far as I can tell), either, Denis...by the way, Happy Anniversary and here's hoping your cruise experience is fabulous!
Cheers Mate 
#9June 12th, 2013 · 03:30 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
Have you asked your neighbours about their internet ?
My internet is fine except when I'm trying to watch the bbc, I presume they have their own british based servers, bloody things have to load every 10 seconds, very irritating ! Could be cos yer on an island .... everything's just a little bit slower   

There .... I do believe it's working ... good
That'll keep you going for the show ...
Come on it's time to go

hmmm... interesting, It seems OK now, may just need to reboot my router.

Pink Floyd.. don't you just luv it....Don't write them like they used to, now it's all 'too goody bullshit'...
#10June 13th, 2013 · 07:27 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
The whole Wall album is biblical in it's nature ... a most AMAZING creation

"They dont write them as they used to" ... Will anyone ever write something SO amazing ?

It's like trying to get one up on the Beatles or Led Zep , I dont think anyone can .... they were at the source, they were the beginnings of the Nile we now call Rock and Roll ... life and light to us all.
#11June 14th, 2013 · 01:34 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
kings wrote…
The whole Wall album is biblical in it's nature ... a most AMAZING creation

"They dont write them as they used to" ... Will anyone ever write something SO amazing ?

It's like trying to get one up on the Beatles or Led Zep , I dont think anyone can .... they were at the source, they were the beginnings of the Nile we now call Rock and Roll ... life and light to us all.
We are so lucky to have witnessed this age, although I was too young to experience the 60's, when Rock & Roll transformed people's lives, it's when people found their true selves and had real quality fun - that's what it's all about. Fashion was also a BIG thing, and bold with it. I can remember in the early seventies when long hair, high waisters and platform shoes were in fashion.
#12June 16th, 2013 · 02:35 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Congrats to your anniversary. Hope you and the missus wil have a nice travel on that swimming city.

#13June 16th, 2013 · 02:56 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ULI wrote…
Congrats to your anniversary. Hope you and the missus wil have a nice travel on that swimming city.

Thanks U.L.I.

#14June 23rd, 2013 · 08:34 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I must be getting old in the tooth - I now know what it is that is causing slow downloads. It's google chrome.  Should have realised it when I was having the same problem on my work PC using google chrome also.

Am I the only one using Google Chrome here   
#15June 26th, 2013 · 02:13 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I was using Chrome for a while ..... my FireFox had some rouge add-ons installed, I'm now back to FireFox again .... and yes because Chrome took ages to load at start up.
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 12:33 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.