#1November 12th, 2012 · 10:39 AM
1 threads
Israel
multi sound card
what if i have 4 sound cards and i want to make the first sound card mic talk with the second sound card speaker and the thrid speak to the 4th ............   but keep controling that ,, without using the windows sound control panal...

do any sound software supporte that???
#2November 12th, 2012 · 01:20 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
What's your OS ?

On XP, this might help : http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?9,97654 it is from 2009 though.

Asio4all ... ? I dont know if it will do what your after ?

Windows7 has it's own control panel, that works well, but I've never tried 4 cards

You might end up routing cables between jacks at the back : out one card, in another etc, and probably adding splitter cables.

I also think that you should be able to choose in whatever program you are which ins and outs it uses ... I've understood that this is the whole idea in Win7, that windows does nothing with audio but simply sends it where it is told too

Why do you want 4 cards anyway?

And have you managed to produce some music with at least one of them ?
#3November 12th, 2012 · 02:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Not sure what you are trying to achieve?
If you want multiple inputs, easier to get a mixer and plug into one sound card or get a desk top audio interface with multiple inputs, or one you can add to like the Focusrite range
#4November 12th, 2012 · 02:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Something else .... what are you doing down here ? ..... O yea, tech support !
Try http://forum.bandamp.com/Gear_Talk.html or http://forum.bandamp.com/Recording.html
#5November 12th, 2012 · 05:26 PM
1 threads
Israel
king you really a king :P

kings wrote…
What's your OS ?

On XP, this might help : http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/forum/read.php?9,97654 it is from 2009 though.

Asio4all ... ? I dont know if it will do what your after ?

Windows7 has it's own control panel, that works well, but I've never tried 4 cards

You might end up routing cables between jacks at the back : out one card, in another etc, and probably adding splitter cables.

I also think that you should be able to choose in whatever program you are which ins and outs it uses ... I've understood that this is the whole idea in Win7, that windows does nothing with audio but simply sends it where it is told too

Why do you want 4 cards anyway?

And have you managed to produce some music with at least one of them ?
#6November 12th, 2012 · 05:32 PM
1 threads
Israel
denis am so thanxfull

but what am treing to achieve is i have 2 bluetooth headset ,, when you use them to your computer they will be as sound device ,, i usaly use one i hear all the music and things ,, speak to my computer as a mic ,, now i another headset,, i can only use one ,, and is you use the windows tool you can only use one mic and one headphone ,, so i played this game for one of my friends,, and he likes it,, :P now i cant make it coz he want to use it as talkback ,,, i thought its easy ,,, now am stuck :P,, thats allllllllll my story

Denis wrote…
Not sure what you are trying to achieve?
If you want multiple inputs, easier to get a mixer and plug into one sound card or get a desk top audio interface with multiple inputs, or one you can add to like the Focusrite range
#7November 12th, 2012 · 06:32 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Because your on one machine I take it you want the same signal coming through both headphones

Either you somehow connect both headphones to one bluetooth port ... if this is possible
or
You get a splitter cable for your mic jack ... I have a few, their handy, to pc speakers, to headphones, to living room stereo and to garden in the summer.

I've had a similar puzzle with 2 cards , wanting one signal to play outside while listening to something else inside.

Think it through and you'll get there.  
#8November 12th, 2012 · 06:48 PM
1 threads
Israel
i already told you ,, you are a king :P yes thats the way ,, its on your computer ,,like 2 sound cards,,so i want to open and close it using any application it might help ,, i tried many many sound mixers software ,, but they all recording and doing stuff i dont need,, all i need just to open and close channels as you said exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

kings wrote…
Because your on one machine I take it you want the same signal coming through both headphones

Either you somehow connect both headphones to one bluetooth port ... if this is possible
or
You get a splitter cable for your mic jack ... I have a few, their handy, to pc speakers, to headphones, to living room stereo and to garden in the summer.

I've had a similar puzzle with 2 cards , wanting one signal to play outside while listening to something else inside.

Think it through and you'll get there.   ;)
#9November 13th, 2012 · 07:09 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
nihad118 wrote…
i already told you ,, you are a king :P yes thats the way ,, its on your computer ,,like 2 sound cards,,so i want to open and close it using any application it might help ,, i tried many many sound mixers software ,, but they all recording and doing stuff i dont need,, all i need just to open and close channels as you said exactlyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

kings wrote…

or

Think it through and you'll get there.   ;)
I still don't really understand - sounds like you want a kinda walkie talkie type of mixer/controller
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 6:40 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.