#1December 28th, 2006 · 05:35 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Little bug in Chat
when users with names longer than 10 characters, such as myself, log into the chat, it abbreviates our names to the 10-char cap.

ie, TonightsLastSong -> TonightsLa

so, my point isn't just this, but rather.... when a person clicks on our usernames, the site directs the person to "http://usernamehere.bandamp.com" but... with an abbreviated name, it tries to send people to an incorrect address.  for example, my name:  "http://TonightsLa.bandamp.com".

anyway, i suppose that an extra string variable will be need to fix the problem

have at it
TLS
#2February 20th, 2007 · 08:26 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
TonightsLastSong, can you try this again? I think I fixed this bug. Let me know, thanks.

I know I'm months late, but better late than never. :P
#3February 20th, 2007 · 09:49 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well,
I have twelve letters in my name, and it's not abbreviating it, and it seems to work great..  TLS has more, I don't know what you set the limit too, but it works great for my name now..

Hopefully more people with long names can try it, and post a little results here... 

JimK
#4February 20th, 2007 · 06:44 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
almost.

the link works correctly to my page, but my name in chat still becomes slightly trunkated, to TonightsLastSon (missing the "g" on the end.)

but the important part (the link itself) works fine now

thanks!
#5February 21st, 2007 · 05:57 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Well there's truncation because anymore than X amount of letters, I think it was 10-15, it would overflow the chatroom and make it look ugly basically. It would kill the CSS and all that jazz, so it has to be limited, but I did fix the bug that you wanted about the usernames and such being truncated on the links to their bandamp profiles.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:30 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.