#1December 11th, 2006 · 09:20 AM
6 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
Sweden
"You allready have a song with that name"
That's what it tells me everythime I try uploading my latest song. I Don't!. And I've tried renaming it in every possible way but it doesn't help. Even resized it and manipulated it in the mix.
it's a valid mp3 file with the right kind of quality and size, so I don't get it. Either i'm missing something or there's a problem with this site.

Have you heard of anything like this?
#2December 11th, 2006 · 09:37 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
There's a few issues around Issue!

I've had one with 'not valid MP3', I had to record it in iTunes at the correct kbps
There's another with the incorrect use of symbols in the file name.
I have heard of this one before, but I have no answer for it, except give it time, try some thing else.

It might have something to do with the way the site code logs/numbers the songs, the system might be allotting your song a number that it is supposedly free but that the number is of a song that has been deleted, or something like that.

It might be related to the song thread bug, where songs ends up half way down another thread!
#3December 11th, 2006 · 02:24 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
afaik this particular bug can be solved by clearing your browser cache... if you have tried that and it didnt work, I'm afraid you're gonna have to try it again later. mud should look into this soon, but I think he went on holiday early this year
#4December 11th, 2006 · 03:19 PM
31 threads / 19 songs
612 posts
Canada
Ive had this problem before, all I do is name the song gggg,kkkk,lll...anything until it works and then edit it and name the song accordingly.
#5December 11th, 2006 · 03:22 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
Sweden
Thanx, sounds like it's worth a shot.
#6December 11th, 2006 · 03:33 PM
6 threads / 5 songs
20 posts
Sweden
WORKED!
BasketCase solved the problem. Tried yours also puppet but it didn't work.
I named it "kkkkkllllll", both mp3 and title when i uploaded, apparently I hadn't used up THAT name yet =P.

Thnk u guys!
#7December 11th, 2006 · 08:56 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
I replied once..
But it got lost in cyber space..

The problem is that it had punctuation marks in it

in this case it was an apostrophe..  That will cause it not to upload...  you will get that exact error.. Remove the apostrophe.. upload, and then change the title..

JimK
#8May 27th, 2007 · 04:14 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
16 posts
United States of America
Sorry to ask, but shouldn't an error like that be fixed?
Seriously, it's quite annoying to have to jump through hoops just to upload a song!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.