#1November 26th, 2006 · 08:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Page Rendering
I'd like to know if I'm the only one who experiences an odd rendering of the bandAmp page in Internet Explore?

I usually use FireFox but tried to upload a song with IE.

In IE the images for the voting stars are not aligned.

And only the bottom half the big blue 'play in player' star is in view.

I know of the issues between IE and FF when it comes to positioning, width=100%, float, margin-top and negative z-indexes and more all rendered differently in FF and IE.

Well! am I or not?
#2November 27th, 2006 · 04:06 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
that's right.... the stars are mis-aligned in IE... also I have the feeling that votes placed via IE are not registered!!

seems to be a serious problem... I'll relay this to mud....
#3November 28th, 2006 · 07:02 AM
6 threads
138 posts
India
if that's the case then the site is in serious trouble. i use firefor but most of the folks out there use IE. maybe that's why we have less votes cast...........
#4February 24th, 2007 · 06:56 AM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Has there been an update on this because, for a while now, my votes seem not to have been registering?

Updated:
Have now downloaded Firefox. Looks better now because the stars sit in the correct place when I hover the mouse over them now but my votes STILL aren't registering. Very frustrating.
#5February 24th, 2007 · 10:44 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
I can assure you the voting is working fine in firefox 2, firefox 1.5, ie6 and ie7. ie6 and ie7 might have the stars misaligned, but that isn't preventing votes from being counted. The votes are being submitted, but just misaligned in ie.
#6February 24th, 2007 · 10:45 AM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
ktartandude wrote…
Has there been an update on this because, for a while now, my votes seem not to have been registering?

Updated:
Have now downloaded Firefox. Looks better now because the stars sit in the correct place when I hover the mouse over them now but my votes STILL aren't registering. Very frustrating.

You mention "hovering" but you don't mention "clicking." Hovering does nothing but show you fancy stars... you have to click to register and votes are being registered.
#7February 24th, 2007 · 01:14 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
I was clicking to vote. I'm not quite stupid enough to think that I merely had to hold the mouse over the stars- the 'hovering' I mentioned was to do with the red stars coming up out of sync with the blue ones underneath which doesnt happen on Firefox as you say.
However, before I go off any fuerther about this, I have just tried voting again and it actually did work this time. Don't know if someone's changed something since but I can assure you that I was clicking on the stars, sometimes 3 or 4 times and nothing was happening. This time, the little 'thank you' thing came up and I knew it had worked. Bizarre!
Well, at least it works now- I can go voting again.

UPDATE:
The vote count still is not responding to my vote, so is my vote registering? I don't know. I get the gold star next to the song title now to show that I have voted but, like I say, the number of votes in the first column does not increase. I am not trying to complain or be a pain but I figure that if stuff needs fixing (if indeed there is a problem) then I need to give this feedback- might be an issue just with me or with others also. Might not be an issue at all. I can only say what I see.
#8February 24th, 2007 · 06:31 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Votes are cached, that's why it isn't instantly updated. As far as the star alignment, I didn't know such a thing would scare people, but I fixed it in ie6 and ie7 and works in firefox for me still. Now votes are counted, and tabulated, and people shouldn't be scared of mis-aligned stars now.
#9February 24th, 2007 · 07:41 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
You mentioned votes being cast on firefox, well, it hasn't been working for me. It was a little while ago, but now it's just not counting anything.
What is going on!!!
#10February 24th, 2007 · 08:21 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
slasherx wrote…
... As far as the star alignment, I didn't know such a thing would scare people, but I fixed it in ie6 and ie7 and works in firefox for me still. Now votes are counted, and tabulated, and people shouldn't be scared of mis-aligned stars now.
Why the rudeness? Who said anyone was scared by it? If you don't want feedback on what's not working right or what 'is perceived' to be not working right then just say so. I'll keep it to myself until such a point as I get so frustrated that don't bother coming back. If that would make life easier for you then fine.
#11February 24th, 2007 · 08:26 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
WritersBlock wrote…
You mentioned votes being cast on firefox, well, it hasn't been working for me. It was a little while ago, but now it's just not counting anything.
What is going on!!!

You might want to try it again.
#12February 24th, 2007 · 08:27 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
ktartandude wrote…
slasherx wrote…
... As far as the star alignment, I didn't know such a thing would scare people, but I fixed it in ie6 and ie7 and works in firefox for me still. Now votes are counted, and tabulated, and people shouldn't be scared of mis-aligned stars now.
Why the rudeness? Who said anyone was scared by it? If you don't want feedback on what's not working right or what 'is perceived' to be not working right then just say so. I'll keep it to myself until such a point as I get so frustrated that don't bother coming back. If that would make life easier for you then fine.

I don't consider my reply rude, but that's just my style. Regardless of what tone you took out of it, the issue is resolved.
#13February 24th, 2007 · 08:44 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Just tried again, something's not right.
I put it in with my comment, posted, then it's not shown on the top of the page. I vote at the top of the page. I check in my homepage, the vote hasn't gone through.
Is it just me, or just firefox, or, what?
#14February 24th, 2007 · 09:12 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Clear your cache folks, if you continue to have issues:

http://www.pcdoctor-guide.com/wordpress/?page_id=1363

That guide should help you out with most common browsers.
#15February 24th, 2007 · 09:17 PM
1 threads
79 posts
United States of America
Also if you ever want a true refresh of a page on any site, just press ctrl+f5. It's much better than pressing that useless refresh button on the browser.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 2:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.