#1September 21st, 2006 · 04:28 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
No Prizes
I got 3rd in the May 2006 Battle, and after 4 months I still have no prize, and mud is ignoring my pms.

What is going on?
#2September 21st, 2006 · 10:07 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
strange... although i dont know anything about prizes on bandamp considering i never got one and probably never will.... i have this to say.

If you cant get in contact with mud see PuppetXeno, he is a really active member and he knows the game around here.

I know that they got rid of prizes in battles for a while then introduced it again, i dont know the exact dates that this was but try to get in contact with the members who came second and first in that battle and ask them if they got their prizes and other appropriate questions.

You definitely deserve a prize for your song though... loved it! good luck with getting your prize
#3September 21st, 2006 · 01:13 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
7 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks!

Mud spoke to me, and I gave him my shipping details, but ever since I asked him how the prizes are coming along he has ignored me.

He even got me to choose which T Shirt I wanted.
#4September 21st, 2006 · 07:20 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
uh, yeah.

I came in third in a battle too, and haven't received a prize either. In fact I don't mind so much about it, to me it's all secondary.

Well okay. From what I know: prizes (the ipods for 1st and 2nd place) are pretty expensive. Someone has to pay for it and this site is not generating money by itself. Actually, it only costs a lot of money simply to have it up and running and you can guess who's getting the bill... Well, webdesign etc. is the dude's occupation so it's all part of him being in business anyway, but still... Having to spend $300 a MONTH on prizes while there's really quite some unfair voting going on, PLUS a whole bunch of members who do not vote much at all, such as yourself, mr mjjohnson, you only voted 6 times total on this site, isn't really stimulating to make this kind of investment.

Maybe if the community were any bigger, or there would be more members taking their time to vote to all the songs in the battle, which I think they all should, it would pay off to do this...

Personally I think a "paypal donate" function could be put on the site, members could make a volunatry donation and the winners of the monthly battle would win a share of the pot once it's over. Then we'll see how much "true love" for this site there is. I know I would certainly donate a monthly fee... but not always
#5September 21st, 2006 · 11:04 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
I think your right puppet, fully suport what your saying but...

If mud offered prices then he should give them...

now...

I wouldn't care too much for a T-shirt really 
#6September 21st, 2006 · 11:05 PM
34 threads / 16 songs
538 posts
Mexico
oh and mjjohnson... 6 times??????? 
#7September 22nd, 2006 · 05:51 AM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
Ok its not cool that he only voted 6 times.

Aetheris is right though, if you say prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Then you should have prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

If your not happy with the voting, make it no prizes. If you cant afford prizes (which noone really understands how Mud affords it) then dont put prizes.

Personally id rather there were no prizes available ever on this site rather then giving prizes out on some months and no prizes on others without saying anything to the people who came 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

But i will end with saying i have absolutely no idea why i am getting involved in a problem with prizes on this site... i guess i have nothing better to do
#8September 22nd, 2006 · 11:17 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeh I agree about the prizes thing - if you offer them, they should be there, however the arguments for not coming up with them are valid from a common sense point of view. Prizes were offered to motivate members to participate in the battles (and vote) and generally draw in more traffic, but this hasn't happened (both accounts)... To quote a little line from one of my songs (Attitude): "if you don't care, then I don't care" besides we shouldn't be that materialistic anyway.

so yeh. that's the story, sorry mjjohnson..........
#9September 28th, 2006 · 06:03 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Where can I buy a bandamp t-shirt?

I would like to buy one to help support the site.

I'll have to get on to my bro about the voting, and I guess thinking about it I don't vote much either, so I'll vote some more songs.
#10September 28th, 2006 · 07:02 PM
24 threads / 9 songs
284 posts
Mexico
hmm....

The Prizes vs. the votes

I guess mud have to work (as many of us) to pay the prizes, I don't think he's a millionaire man who try to promote the creativity as an excentricism.

he thought the site to become a forum "from musicians to musicians", we win in every comment, opinions and sometime the votes.

Maybe the vote is a subjective thing, but it's necessary..

Mjjohnson: If you become more participative in the Bandamp community you'll see you are winning everyday

just my opinion

about the donate thing or buy a T-shirt, Mud have to choose to change the non-profit thing in a way more flexible...

I think Bandamp have a value by itself 

Dodo
#11September 28th, 2006 · 08:50 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
who cares about the prize
the real prize is having other musicians give you input on your music. I did not expect to get a prize. I read a thread about prizes but the thread was quite awhile ago. If this if a free site and no one else helps with the money for the prizes why should mud be the only one to pony up the prize.

We all benefit from his website maybe we should think about giving him a prize!
This site smokes the  others, and I like that it's free, and free of all the pop up ads, and bullshit that go with the other sites.

If you need a prize look in the mirror and be glade that you came in that high in the voting.
Especially if you don't vote. I'm not the greatest voter here but I try to vote on every battle(I think I missed one)since I've joined.

Participation is the key to this website. you can gain valuable information  to songs, and styles of music you may never of had a chance to hear or understand. Then the writers themselves can give you input on how or why they wrote the song that way (you ain't gonna get that much anywhere else).

If mud decides to give prizes that's fine I for one don't need it. OH by they way I want my ipod in blue  
#12September 29th, 2006 · 12:35 AM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
well here's what I think:

first of all, I've gotten a couple second place songs and a first placer, and no prize in sight.

if mud says here's prizes, then prizes should happen. otherwise, he should say something else... instead of leading people on...

as for the whole voting/battle-participation-being-the-reason-for-prizes thing, eh, doesn't matter. mud said there would be prizes.

as for me, hey I don't care. I mean, a t-shirt would be pretty freakin cool. and being a college boy and all, a little extra cash never hurts... but having a couple songs in the hall makes my day more than anything else. I just wish mud would pay a little bit more attention around here.

and I know he's got other stuff going on. who doesn't? I just think he should at least follow through on what he says.
#13September 29th, 2006 · 11:57 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
http://www.cafepress.com/bandamp

That's it. So you can parade around lookin pretty in a shirt like that but no-one's actually making money from it, except cafepress!
#14September 29th, 2006 · 12:20 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
you mean mud's not even making any money from selling t-shirts?
#15September 29th, 2006 · 12:41 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
nope... completely non-profit this site is... and everything related to it...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 5:24 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.