#1April 18th, 2011 · 07:47 PM
5 threads
24 posts
United Kingdom
You Tube Links
The youTube tag doesn't seem to be working for me. I just get a load of white space in the post and nothing click-able.  I've changed my post to use URLs meanwhile, but some advice/assistance for next time would be appreciated.
#2April 19th, 2011 · 01:05 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Can I call you Urban ?

put only the video code in between the tags like so :

[youtube]NYDo-Abt86c[/youtube]

So it should come up looking like this :

OK ! This particular video has embedding disabled so it can only be watched at youTube, but you get the idea!

#3April 19th, 2011 · 08:30 AM
5 threads
24 posts
United Kingdom
D'oh!

Easy when you know how. As you guessed, I was using the whole URL.

You can call me Urban, or TUB to match me figure, or anything you like, really.

Thanks for sorting that out for me.
#4April 19th, 2011 · 02:48 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
TheUrbanBassman wrote…
D'oh!

Easy when you know how. As you guessed, I was using the whole URL.

You can call me Urban, or TUB to match me figure, or anything you like, really.

Thanks for sorting that out for me.
Yea! My mate Paul's called Tubby .... he's not though , he's just big and cuddly ... and a little less hairy these days !

I actually do think we could make it a little more obvious to new users how the whole bbcode thing works, like putting small suggestions in the code it displays ... O yea thinking about it I will probably have to do it my self any way ! TK where's my access code ? 

And a welcome on board too to you .... judging by your input so far all I can say is, I hope you hang around for a while !

O! yea a word of warning ... watch out for long posts and being logged in .... simply copy your posts before you send them, or write them in note pad like some do and then copy/ paste .... you can be logged out in the mean time , you post but get a page full of exclamation marks and a lost long post ..... believe me it is Fghdftdbvgcvjdjdgch frustrating !
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:20 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.