#1October 12th, 2010 · 06:08 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
the AMP Signatures/Userbars?
There should be some graphics (userbars) that people can use as signatures for other forums that they post in, such as like other music forums etc.

An example of what I'm talking about is like the following:

Check out some more examples of what i mean: http://www.userbars.com/
#2October 12th, 2010 · 06:15 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Also, does bandamp support signatures?
#3October 12th, 2010 · 08:13 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
User bars are great, I just hope that if it ever happens, there should be a limit on the dimensions of the signature, because I've seen some forum threads in the past which have signatures that are around 5-6 lines in text size! (In other words, VERY LARGE signatures!)

This is a great idea, I'd support this being implemented!

--XFactor--
#4October 12th, 2010 · 11:40 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Yeah, signatures CAN get irritating, and they DO distract from the content of the forum, so perhaps it's not in the best interest of bandamp to support them. 

But I should design BandAMP some sort of userbar!
#5October 13th, 2010 · 12:48 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
You know, I've thought about it but then... I really like the way the forum looks like this; clean and sober. I think adding signatures would contaminate the aesthetics of the site.

> Iszil
#6October 13th, 2010 · 01:36 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
I'm with Isz on this... The discussion has been held before (years ago). signatures are pretty pointless, as your name and avatar are clearly displayed above your post. The typical forum layout as seen across the www is a complete piece of crap, full off stuff no-one needs which makes following threads a pain to the eyes. Signatures full of unfunny/unsmart and on-the-edge-of-offensive images and quotes.. And seing them time and time again as sigs go unchanged for years.. Very distracting all. Especially when it has moving parts in it. Or in other words: Let's Not!

cheers,

#7October 13th, 2010 · 03:08 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
no, Bandamp does not support signatures
#8November 2nd, 2010 · 02:53 PM
38 threads / 11 songs
278 posts
Canada
Ok, so I finally created a sample Bandamp userbar for people to use that I simply created from the logo!

Just copy the file path, which is http://mydailytech.com/bandampuserbar.png, and then put that in an image tag on your signatures on other forums, to help promote bandamp (also, link the image to bandamp.com so when people click on it they are sent to bandamp).

Perhaps I could expand on the bar a bit, so that it explains what's good about bandamp, so that people will be convinced to join, rather than it just showing the logo.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 6:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.