#1July 31st, 2010 · 05:20 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Google Chrome detecting Malware
Okay, so I've been using Google Chrome for awhile, ever since my laptop crashed. (Internet explorer stopped working, along with a whole bunch of other Windows applications...)

Just recently (and I think this was yesterday or two days ago), Google has been giving me a warning everytime I tried to enter BandAMP. It says:

"The website at www.bandamp.com contains elements from the site bin.clearspring.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent."

My guess is that the "malicious content" is from the Tunecore widget installed on the right hand side - I checked the diagnosis that Google had created, yet I couldn't find any reason as to why it would detected as "malware". I've run my virus checks and scanned everything - my computer is fine...

Anyways, just posting this to point out a small bug that might turn others away from their first visit to the Amp!

--XFactor--
#2August 1st, 2010 · 04:36 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds like a 'Red herring', what anti-virus software are you using?, make sure you update it before running the programme.
I'm running AVG, I think they are all much of a muchness, I've also installed malewarebytes, http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php  another free anti virus software, it only runs when you activate it, so it wont slow your PC down. There have been times when my PC got infected which AVG did not pick up, hence it's always running. Ran Malewarebytes which cleaned everything up, have recommended this to a few friends, who also found it a god send when they have had a nasty virus difficult to remove.

Edit** Having googled this maleware, it appears it only happens on Google applications, it does not appear to have caused any problems, so more than likely it's nothing to worry about.
Why not install Firefox as your main browser, many Ampers use it, including myself.
#3August 2nd, 2010 · 10:24 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Malware detects Google Chrome
I've checked it forth and back but couldnt find any "bug" or hint on malware.

I am using IE7 & 8, Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera. If you are able to locate the bad boy just tell me.

edit*
Google Chrome is veeeeerrrrryy google-ish. You'll never know what happens behind your back when using it. Keep using IE or FF
#4August 2nd, 2010 · 04:18 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
No worries, it's gone now... It just happened for 1 or 2 days... Something to do with "bin.clearspring.com"...

I'm not planning on using IE on my laptop, EVER, just because it's so buggy (I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it as a fix, but Windows won't let me install it again). I tried FireFox, and I think it's pretty decent, but I just like the "smooth" style of Chrome.

I did some research on how Chrome compares to the other browsers... Yeah, apparently Chrome's got the worst security... I'm fine with it though - I don't go on many sites that can give me bugs through the browser! (... Torrents on the other hand... Yikes.)

Anyways, thanks for the help everyone!

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:34 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.