#1April 22nd, 2009 · 11:12 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Help Please - Firefox Issues!
Good morning,,,,,,,
 was wondering if anyone can tell me how to fix some very annoying issues I am having using Firefox 3.08?
#1)  I cant add  any favorites whatsoever
#2)  I cant add any playlist(s) whatsoever
#3)   I have had issues in the past with uploading photos.... seems to be resolved... -for now
#4)  when I go to Listen and then check someone's new song out.... the website remains listed as "http://browse.bandamp.com/amp.html"   with NO review # at all and then it doesn't change, no matter where I go in AMP, although I am signed in.

Is there a plugin or a cookie I must allow within Firefox?   I have added it to my safe list under cookies..... so I don't understand why this would be happening...
 Thanks for any feedback on this.
ps: please don't tell me to use IE   *I'll just choke lol
 ~ Peace ~
 Fiddlah
#2April 22nd, 2009 · 11:16 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
One more thing,,,,,,,
 when I click on the "heart" symbol to add someone to my favorites  it brings me to a message that states . *HOW to add someone by clicking on the heart symbol  *UGH
 Then If I go to my homesite...... I try clicking on my "mail"  and the exact same message about how to add someone to my favorites appears....... no matter how many times I click on "mailbox"
 *Frustrating as heck

*Thanks~!
#3April 22nd, 2009 · 12:02 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
doublecheck:

using Firefox too (V 3.09)

#1 add favourites (via heart icon also) doesnt work, needs to be fixed
#2 add to playlist works
#3 I am sure noone had any hands on the site programming in the past few months
#4 can't reproduce that issue

the only plugin is the media player, all other effects are php scripts
Cookies should be set to "enabled"

Refresh or delete private data should repair your Firefox "cache" (Strg-Shift-Del)
#4April 22nd, 2009 · 02:42 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Hello Triton buddy,
 Thank you for your response...... *at least I now know some of the issues.
 I have  my cookies enabled and I have my settings so that my data is cleared everytime I close Firefox. maybe I will take that option off, update to 3.09 ... if available here and manually clear my data for a while and see what happens.....
Thanks again ,
John
aka: Fiddlah
#5April 23rd, 2009 · 06:21 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Add To Favorites
I checked the script and compared it with older versions back to 2007. The function hadn't be changed since that time.
The only thing that changed was a database update. We can see this aftermath in doubled entries. The database was never fixed although some parts were repaired.
I went through the code and I cannot understand why the Add function doesnt work.
Just messing around with the database, maybe I can find out the reason and fix it. No promises!
#6April 24th, 2009 · 09:18 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
TY Very much Triton, buddy!
  I upgraded to 3.09 and manually cleared my cache instead of using Firefoxe's tools/options. All seems to be working correctly except of course the "favorites". Now, I am no expert in modern script writing with websites, but I was wondering if the "favorites" source was written in.... pearl or asp or java?  If so maybe  to fix it,,,,, couldn't that one particular source be changed to basic html for example..... just using it as a link similar to a "guestbook or bookmark" source?  *just thought that might work. Like I said,,, im not a pro  and you would know much better then I.
 Thanks again bud!
 Fid
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 1:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.