#1January 19th, 2009 · 01:05 AM
6 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Canada
Uploading Issue
Hello,

I keep trying to upload a song, but it repeatedly tells me that the song is not a valid ".mp3". My song is under 5 megabytes, has a bit rate of 128kbps, and is properly exported with the LAME mp3 encoder in Audacity. I looked through the FAQ, and tried uploading my song again, without success.

What could be wrong with the song I am trying to upload?
#2January 19th, 2009 · 01:59 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well
Generally, it's either something with the compression, I know you used 128, so most likely not the problem, the other issue, is a problem that the browser's cache tends to cause some weird issues, and makes Bandamp get conflicting information when trying to upload the song.. clearing all private data, rebooting, and trying again usually fixes this issue, though not always... I actually had to switch to IE again, when it did it to me with FF, then finally it started letting FF upload again... it was weird, for about 6 weeks it wouldn't let me upload with FF, only IE..  So good luck...

JimK
#3January 19th, 2009 · 03:05 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sometimes it's the tiitle, although I'm not an expert, just know that other ampers have had problems including myself, so avoid using anthing other than the letters of the alphabet.

Good luck

Denis
#4January 19th, 2009 · 08:22 PM
6 threads / 3 songs
10 posts
Canada
I tried using IE , and it worked.
#5March 10th, 2009 · 11:28 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
photo album
Hello,
 I uploaded a photo of a friend's picture signed to myself..... and it did not show... I was wondering.... is there a time limit before a photo is added?
 Thank you,
Fiddlah aka: John
#6March 16th, 2009 · 01:39 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: photo album
Fiddlah wrote…
Hello,
 I uploaded a photo of a friend's picture signed to myself..... and it did not show... I was wondering.... is there a time limit before a photo is added?
 Thank you,
Fiddlah aka: John
Did you get this sorted out?
I do think you would get a better response if you were to start your own thread asking the same question........people could see it as an answer to an ongoing thread so they dont open the page.....because it might not be their conversation! Just trying to help!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:13 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.