#1February 1st, 2006 · 10:40 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
several problems
Hey guys! I've just joined (but I've been listening and reading quite awhile...I feel I know many of you!) But I'm experiencing some problems, particularly on my home computer and I need some help (I'm currently logged in on my office computer). My home computer allows only selective use of the player (it allows some some songs to be played, and not others). Shutting down my firewall allows better use of the player, but I'm reluctant to operate this way. It also appears that, if I have tried to play a song without shutting down the firewall, the song not only does not play, but it appears the song is somehow "erased" forever! I've lost some of my favorite Bandamp songs this way. Any suggestions? I also have another issue on the same computer. When I tried to sign up on Bandamp last night at home, the site wouldn't let me join, saying that there was already an account with my e-mail address! I'm guessing this may have occurred because I tried to join a couple weeks ago, but all the nicknames I chose had already been taken. I just never got around to attempting to join again until last night. I would like to be able to log in from my home computer, and receive e-mails there as well! I've got two questions: 1)-any suggestions on how to fix this? and 2)-can I have two accounts? If so how do I do this?
#2February 1st, 2006 · 10:43 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
addendum:
I forgot to mention that none of the above problems exists on my office computer. You may have figured this out by now. Again, thanks for any suggestions.
#3February 4th, 2006 · 06:20 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
wow...  sounds like your security settings on your home computer are too high, and your flash software needs updated....  

Once you do that, let us know how things are going.....

BTW, what browser are you using??
                   JimK
#4February 4th, 2006 · 06:52 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
thanks, Jim..I've been working on the problem since last writing....I use Internet Explorer as a browser. I had tried to modify the firewall settings, checked the current status of my flash player, but to no avail. I called the "Road Runner" help desk last night, and after multiple efforts, and finally deleting some errant files on my hard drive...the player started working again...however, sadly, I've permanently lost some valued songs, Like ecases' "for Duane" (and I'm REALLY bummed about this!) plus some other songs (several of JDB's songs....bummed....can't figure it out...) however, I'm just glad to get to play the new songs. Interestingly, today, I had a cascade of new problems...(not necessarily with the website, instead, on my computer...primarily with the anti-virus software) This necessitated calling the help desk again, spending an hour on the phone, uninstalling all the security software and reinstalling new ones! I've also figured out a way to access Bandamp (obviously) from my home computer, but I still haven't figured out how to address the problem where Bandamp says someone is already registered under my e-mail address. Sometimes I really believe the a "Ghost in the machine"
#5February 5th, 2006 · 02:24 AM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
well, your posting this, so that means you are logged in...  so I think there is no problem there... if you can't remember your password, there is a link on the login page, and by typing your nickname it will send you your password in email.... that way you will have it...

anyway...  I can't wait to hear some music from you.... you are going to post some, right????

:-) 

JimK
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 7:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.