#1November 1st, 2008 · 06:22 PM
1 threads
Canada
Search
New to the site....how do you search the forum for the topics you want? Hate to think I would have to look at everything to find what I want.

GuitarBob
#2November 2nd, 2008 · 06:09 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Bandamp is a great site for somethings - and is getting better all the time.  The big downside for anyone new coming in and wanting to do just what you've said (search for stuff by topic) is that, at the moment, you can't!

The code is being completely re-written by a few members who are significantly more clever than me when it comes to web design etc - I guess a decent search engine will be one of those "must have" inclusions.

Until then, join in, listen, chat, review, post..... and get to know people that come on here.  I think despite the lack of search, this is still an excellent place to hang out.

Oh, and welcome to the site
#3November 3rd, 2008 · 12:26 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
What you CAN do at the moment is go to like Audio Review or any other page with forums or threads and press
CTRL + F (dont hit the plus, hit ctrl and then f, while still holding control down, and it opens up a word search thing.)
Type in the word you want to search for and if anything like that is on the page you are on...(you can only search a page at a tiime with that) then itll be highlighted.

Hope that helps for now...
The site should have that feature soon though
#4November 3rd, 2008 · 12:26 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
Welcome to the amp!
#5November 3rd, 2008 · 01:46 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
LOL! I was about to say that there is a search page and it works...............

There is a search page but it dont do jack shit!

It used to.....but it dont no more !!!!

A suggestion : you could post a question in the Pit or Gear talk.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.