#1August 24th, 2008 · 04:08 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Another Song Count Problem
I have 25 songs showing on my Music page, I do have 31 songs posted, I went checking other members music pages, Flyer for one as he reacted to my other thread also missing songs, Flyer has 19 songs on his page but has 36 uploaded , the same for other members most have over 30 songs uploaded but only 19 / 20 / 25 actually show up on the page.

The songs are there their just at the bottom of the list or on a 'second page' but a second page that is not there.

When every one is back from holidays and Nomad festivals and alike could they please do something about it ?

Thank you
#2August 24th, 2008 · 07:18 PM
160 threads / 88 songs
1,666 posts
United States of America
ok
I just went through and searched through ALL your posts, and tried to rename all your songs, without the characters, and they started showing up.. Then, I found that there still was only 25 songs showing...

If I choose to list by views instead of names, some of the songs missing show up.. so they aren't missing, they just aren't showing because for some reason there is a MAX number of songs in the code.. THat will need to be changed by TK or one of the programmers.. I can't do that... But, man, I wish I would have thought to do that before I searched through ALL your posts! haha...

JimK
#3August 25th, 2008 · 11:38 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Jiiiiiim

Thats exactly what I was ABOUT to do , rename my songs, but then I thought, ping! count them first !!! and check the page using another category , like 'views' , thats when I sussed there was a 'Max' to the page list..........

But wait there is more.........Flyer has 36 songs posted but only 20 show on his page , PX has 31 songs but only 19 show up on his page, so there must be something wrong with the Max counter !!!

Just went checking a few other members pages ....... theotherguy89 has 108 songs but he also has a SECOND and THIRD page , as does Swordfish  , Swordy has 58 songs AND a second page to show them in !!!!!

So the count works only if you have less than 20 but more than 40 songs posted ?  confused agin !!!!
#4August 30th, 2008 · 06:19 AM
1 threads
18 posts
United States of America
broken counts
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've checked the forums.

I introduced a few bugs when upgrading the software --
that is to say, some things didn't travel well.

Now that I'm aware of this nasty songs-listing bug,
I'll get it fixed within the next few days.

At this point, we don't have a staff programmer,
(slasher is long gone), and the site has been hurting as a result.

While I am working on another revision of the forum software,
it'll be quite awhile before it's ready for bandamp.

Does anyone have suggestions for the interim?

Meanwhile, show-stopping bugs (like this songs listing),
are important to me, and I'll take care of them as they're reported,
though I need to be more diligent to check the technical support requests.
#5August 30th, 2008 · 08:15 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
At this point, we don't have a staff programmer,
Oh holy Downchuck
you make my day
go for it and do it at least
#6August 30th, 2008 · 06:21 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
I am very good at webdesign and programming maybe I could do something for you guys.
I have experience in Dreamweaver, HTML, C++, CSS, and so on.
I am working on a site for my business at the moment.
#7September 5th, 2008 · 02:09 PM
1 threads
18 posts
United States of America
fixed
The site is programmed in PHP using PostgreSQL as the backend.

While the database schema is rather simple, someone forgot a few safeguards in designing it.
The programming is not as straight-forward, though I'm working on a new release (I did not program this site), which will be much easier to maintain.

I'm very sorry about the down-time, I'd hoped to simply upgrade the database and fix a few queries to help with the the slowness on the site. However, without the safeguards in place, I accidentally imported duplicate records. That is.. there were duplicate song listings, and duplicate user entries. I've fixed both of those tables.
#8September 5th, 2008 · 06:12 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: fixed
Downchuck wrote…
The site is programmed in PHP using PostgreSQL as the backend.

While the database schema is rather simple, someone forgot a few safeguards in designing it.
The programming is not as straight-forward, though I'm working on a new release (I did not program this site), which will be much easier to maintain.

I'm very sorry about the down-time, I'd hoped to simply upgrade the database and fix a few queries to help with the the slowness on the site. However, without the safeguards in place, I accidentally imported duplicate records. That is.. there were duplicate song listings, and duplicate user entries. I've fixed both of those tables.

Thank you
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 12:04 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.