#1August 13th, 2008 · 10:19 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Song Count Problem
TK, Slasher, Downchuck, Mud or JimK......whoever, will somebody please give me my songs back.!!!

As you never wrote a 'choice of category' parameter into the song upload function I started naming my songs with a prefix ; Collab-___, Vocal-___, Synth-___ etc.
I'd numbered some (in brackets I think) and they are now NOT on my music page...as in I have 32 songs uploaded (cite next to avatar) but only 25 are showing in the list !!!!!

A solution would be appreciated

Cheers
#2August 13th, 2008 · 11:45 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
And theres more....
I'm a thinking it has something to do with 'special characters' and something someone somewhere has done with the code.

I'm also missing a song called "Yr Un-*LISTEN TO 'THE ONE'*"  - how do I know it's called exactly this....?
 It's not in my list of songs but I can get to it from a link I put into another song. So it's there but just not being displayed in the page list...........this and the double posts and rss streams means someone is pissing about where they shouldn't !!!
#3August 22nd, 2008 · 03:12 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I seem to be missing a lot of songs on my page also Kings. I have no idea whats going on. I'm in the hospital right now and will be for a few more days. I haven't been able to sign on to Bandamp. I plan to delete my songs from the site when I get home from the hospital. There seems to be so many problems that aren't being taken care of. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE WAY THINGS USE TO BE ON THIS SITE.  I thought when we started to make donations that we were headed in a very good direction to building ourselfs a really damn good Music site.

Flyer
#4August 23rd, 2008 · 06:09 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
re: .
FLYER7747 wrote…
I seem to be missing a lot of songs on my page also Kings. I have no idea whats going on. I'm in the hospital right now and will be for a few more days. I haven't been able to sign on to Bandamp. I plan to delete my songs from the site when I get home from the hospital. There seems to be so many problems that aren't being taken care of. WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE WAY THINGS USE TO BE ON THIS SITE.  I thought when we started to make donations that we were headed in a very good direction to building ourselfs a really damn good Music site.

Flyer

Flyer : I was actually hoping that you being in hospital was not the reason you haven't been around recently.
I sincerely hope they're getting you on the right track again.

Dont delete your music, it's what it's all about, the community and what the community do.
And that means YOU ! 
#5August 24th, 2008 · 06:25 AM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Ditto to what Kings says.... don't get rid of your music here Flyer.
Taking away your music wouldn't sort out the issues that the site has - but irrespective of those problems here, this is still a decent community.
#6August 24th, 2008 · 03:37 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Kings...
Actually being sick has been the reason that I have not been that active here. I finally am on the right track as far as my health is going, Kings. I have thought about it and your right. I'm not going to delete my songs. I guess i was just a little upset about how things have been going with the site and with my situation. Anyway, I do plan on posting more music real soon. i have one in the makings. Thanks King's. I hope all is well with you and your family..

Jim..
Your right. it would be disrespectful to the community if I deleted my songs. Especially since this is where I received so much help with recording from so many of the members here. Including you. I'm just upset that things aren't going well here on the site. Yes, this is still a good site. I wish we could get things back to the way it was. I mean, for example, a song can get 200 plays but only get 4 reviews. And the way the battle format is. We always come up with ideas on ways to change it but things never seem to get done about it. And the voting. No one votes. Only a very few do. But, I'm here for the long haul. I hope to post some song(s) real soon Jim. Thanks Buddy. Say hi to the family.

Flyer
#7August 24th, 2008 · 09:28 PM
373 posts
China
I agreed with Flyer's initial reaction and my stuff's gone for that very reason...
Going to keep my account to listen and review but that's it...
#8August 25th, 2008 · 12:10 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
jackfancy wrote…
I agreed with Flyer's initial reaction and my stuff's gone for that very reason...

Poooooooooooooo!

All those comments....for good or for worse ....... all those people who wont be able to listen to your music ............ LIKE ME FOR INSTANCE !!!!! 

Deleting songs only hurts the community , it does nothing to the site whether it works properly or not, it will be sorted out at one day, just not immediately as every one is expecting. I doesn't hurt Mud either or anyone else behind the scenes.

The users of this site are the site, the individuals efforts contribute to the collective. 

If you cut off your own tongue , you obviously didn't have anything to say !
Shame, and theres me thinking the whole time that you did Jack !

Care to share where your going to post your songs in the future ?   
#9August 25th, 2008 · 12:50 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
jackfancy wrote…
Just checked.......I have 9 of your songs downloaded already.  
#10September 17th, 2008 · 05:53 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
590 posts
United Kingdom
aawww! that is indeed poo! for I only have 7 of your songs downloaded Jack  . but seriously, If you keep your account just to listen and review, then others may follow your example... and then there will be NO music to listen to or Review. Please reconsider your desicion. I have faith that Bandamp will see better days... (well, I wouldn't call it faith, b'cos im not religous, but I believe)...
#11September 17th, 2008 · 10:03 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
agreed
We decided to continue post songs but when we see a song with , thousands of plays , more downloads than bandamp members and 3 reviews it is a worry.thats when the stats graph still worked a long time ago.
We leave songs for a month or so ,keep reviews so creative input of reviewer is not lost{can supply} , happy for reviewers to download for personal use ,however we are trying to at least part pay for the gear we use to create music so we can keep working.
Never see bandamp as $$ making venture but as way to network with similar souls.
If member wants an mp3 of any of our songs , most happy to email upon request,however leaving dangle when there are 0 member and 209 unregistered guests online and no statistic on how much is being downloaded  
With respect
yoko
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 12:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.