#1October 18th, 2005 · 03:49 PM
28 threads / 19 songs
175 posts
United States of America
fair use or plagiarism?
I am soon to record a four-part acoustic guitar peice that should be cool, but i just couldn't find the right lyrics. But i've been reading up on early american literature, and a poem by Ralph Waldo Emerson caught my eye. I realized that it would fit perfect in my song. If i call the song "Nature," which is the title of the poem, i have adapted a poem. But if i call it "The Dial," like i want to, is it just plain plaigarism? I realize that the poem is out of copyright, but is it truly public domain? Is it a cover? (well, it isn't, but will you say it is?) ("The Dial" was a periodical published by the Transcendentalists, of which Emerson was an editor)

i dont wasnt to be booted, as i find the criticism the knowledge here very useful.

p.s. not trying to be snooty with all the literate references! after all, i'm pretty sure i misspelled "Transcendentalists"
#2October 19th, 2005 · 03:24 PM
74 threads / 5 songs
441 posts
United States of America
As long as it's old enough to be public domain then it's totally fine.

Like, you could read shakespeare and that would be totally legal.
#3October 25th, 2005 · 10:55 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
Trance Dentists? what?

yeah, go find out if it's public domain and or who has the rights - i figure i don't care what you call it as long as you give props to good ol' waldo then you can name it whatever you want.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.