#1December 6th, 2008 · 10:55 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
MIDI
HELP ..POSTED THIS IN 2 PLACES NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING THE MIDI CONCEPT+
  ...USE SONAR 4.0 PRODUCER...IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN THIS WOULD BE MY SEQUENCER?
man I need help ...the why and the how the benefits ,, cmon ampers..I need this cause im lokking at EZ drummer
to replace my drum machines....as it is by far most time consuming..in a finished product
soooooo...HELP! FEEL FREE TO PM ME...OR EVEN SETUP A CHAT TIME!
I am countin on all you guys and gals..got lotsa ideas flowin rite now.. and want to improve.. my technique
thanks in advance,
buzz....AKA....Rick  
PS.     gonna change that pic soon!...god forbid my patients..saw that pic!..as buzz is a nurse now!
#2December 26th, 2008 · 07:58 PM
24 threads
166 posts
United States of America
Not a big midi person sorrry!!!

You might want to pm my mindsatplay
I'm not sure if he gets on anymore but yea that's deffinitaly his area!
#3January 4th, 2009 · 06:02 PM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
i am not sure about sonar but with cubase.. I open up the vst instruments tab and click on the ez drummer name. then find the loop I want and drag it into the tracks window. cubase automatically gives me seperate track channels for the kick, snares, toms, and overheads,  it also sets up a midi track that the actual loop is in.. I have to assign the output of that midi track to ez drummer. ( I could assign it to any midi instrument or even a drum machine) .. cause it is just note information..

I assign the midi track output to ez drummer (even though I just pulled the loop from there) then the sound is sent into the individual tracks that are set up automatically.  I can then add compression, reverbs and other effects. Adjust the eq's and panning as needed.  I am not sure what  id # you need I never got that with the cubase.. I also loaded it into digital performer and it worked perfectly.   your sonar program has to be new enough to recognize vst's.  but if it does it should load in automatically.

Do you have skype?.... if so pm me with your skype name and I'll call you.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 10:18 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.