#1November 13th, 2005 · 12:54 AM
6 threads / 3 songs
62 posts
United States of America
A GAME!
I want to know if anyone can write music.  I wonder if anyone can write them sheet music to CrystalClear!  Complicated no?
#2November 14th, 2005 · 01:26 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
what, like transcribe your stuff?
sure. 50 cents per bar probably...
check here for details:
http://hometown.aol.com/benjahoomin/myhomepage/index.html
#3November 15th, 2005 · 01:49 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
Dollar per bar iirc

http://heartistrymusic.com/transcriptions.html

but that guy is *good*

as in, the best - do it on the cheap or do it right... take your pick, the Heartistry guy has perfect pitch and he can hear shit you never knew was there! lol
#4November 15th, 2005 · 03:48 PM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
hey I'm just trying to stay competitive...

got paid $500 a couple years ago to lift early Red Norvo recordings with big band (all the parts) from mono recordings for part of a woman's Masters thesis defense. And in college lifted Wayne Shorter's Sanctuary bar-for-bar, instrument-for-instrument, from Miles' Circle in the Round. and ended up being the go-to guy in college when other people had shit to lift for their classes...

...anyway, perfect pitch? He might end up writing something out it Csharp-and-a-half!... 
#5November 15th, 2005 · 03:59 PM
31 threads / 1 songs
434 posts
United States of America
hmm... C-sharp and a half huh? i didn't know they *had* music notation for that

i take one look at btbowen's website, and then one look a the other guy's website, and that tells me right away one guy is pro and one guy does it for a hobby

take your pick, you know your options
#6November 16th, 2005 · 08:52 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
96 posts
Canada
ouch. yaya, okay, we just moved into our first house, so www.benbowen.ca is not where it should be yet... depends what you mean by "pro," anyway. My guess is he doesn't get tons of business... I was doing more transcription a couple of years ago, but kept running into people who didn't want to pay $20 for a single page, let alone $100 or more for a longer piece, so I gave up. Was trolling newsgroups and music sites looking for people who were looking for someone who would be able to lift whatever piece they wanted, and they're just fewer and further between than you'd think.
My point about C#1/2 is that with perfect pitch you tend to hear those things... say the piece you wrote is actually in C but you had your guitar tuned like 3/4 of a tone too high when you laid it down... this guy'll hear it and write it out like that. A friend of mine has perfect pitch, and says it drives her nuts. She can tell you what the pitch is of passing car engines, and she says it's awful when they're not "in tune."

At any rate, I'm sure CC knows this is an option, and yet seems to think people will be dumb enough to just write her stuff out and send it to her just to "win" her "game." Clever tactic if we were all half-wits.
#7January 18th, 2006 · 08:36 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: A GAME!
what are you trying to say?

try again?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:24 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.