Your God doesn't exist
Your God isn't alive
You worship false prophets:

I'm in your schools teaching your children
I'm in your churches too
Let me rehabilitate your minds
Let me break down your beliefs from years before
 :Chorus:
Where's your multi-million corporation now?
Your idols and ideals won't affect me
You can't even hide in your own closet
I want to show you evolution
 :Chorus:
#2June 19th, 2007 · 07:22 PM
23 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
United States of America
Hey
Get back to me. I appreciate the comments
#3June 20th, 2007 · 02:29 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Absolutely! Way to go!!
I can understand the 'evolution' bit and where it's from, we are definitely growing, every moment!
The only problem I see with this kind of "were going to get you!" attitude, is that you must have a little faith in the fact that the person you want to 'get at' is at that moment feeling real bad about them selves and having real dark guilt trips and alike, otherwise it's just a frustrated poem! 
#4June 20th, 2007 · 03:40 PM
23 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
United States of America
Well kings in all honest truth it is about growing but more in the sense of well i dont know how to put it. I wrote it because of my "dislike" of organized religions. They make me mad with the way they try 2 push all there ideas on people and how they r just big hypocrites just like the next person. Thanks 4 the comment and I'm glad u like it.
Peace
#5June 21st, 2007 · 12:53 PM
9 threads
75 posts
United States of America
different.....
Well this is certainly different from what songs i have read of yours however i think that different is way good so its all good. I really think that it has potential!
*previhto in altum*
Sarah
#6June 21st, 2007 · 01:03 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
The last line of the chorus didn't fit with a rhythm for reading that I found comfortable.

The general feel of the lyrics is a little too brazen for me--I don't follow any organized religion either, but I think it  has a very important place in society.
#7June 21st, 2007 · 04:55 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This has the potential of being a dangerously interesting thread! 
"organized religion"..........Ooooooo! scary!

I'd say its 'insecurity', whether from a lack of knowledge or from an unsafe environment!
And insecurity breeds belief; that something will get us out of this place, or save my tormented individual soul, or guide us to a better place or buy me a horse for Christmas!
Being is greater! but that takes every body 'being' at the same time, otherwise you just get 'reality', where most people are just trying to be and some are just trying to be idiots!
And any way Belief is blind, and if you can see that ... well...!

Love is an ocean of care and devotion
Life is a sea of its pains and mystery

#8June 21st, 2007 · 06:36 PM
64 threads / 13 songs
669 posts
United States of America
Instead of hijacking reaper's thread, I've started a new discussion in the Pit at http://forum.bandamp.com/The_Pit/53246.html
#9June 21st, 2007 · 08:46 PM
23 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
United States of America
The only reason i don't like organized religion is because they try 2 push their ideas and morals on every1 else...even people not in their religion.
They have their wars on the theory of evolution and stem cell research. Whether we should pray in schools or not. I don't understand why they do this but it frustrates me when i cant walk around a store without getting a bible booklet and a "bible-thumper" giving me a long speech on how much of a satanist i am when in all truth I still worship God.
Sorry if this was 2 much but i had 2 say it.
Thanks 4 the comments. Hope 2 see more.
Peace
#10June 22nd, 2007 · 05:44 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
It seams to have been a good idea Avi!

You know, Reaper we can discuss and dissect and define organized religion for hours , judging by Avis thread some already have , but the truth of the matter is that your attempt at forming some sense or just releasing some energy in this poetical, lyrical even songical way is actually at the end of the day, what it is all about!
So cheers, 

Now for Avis thread!!! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:51 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.