#1March 31st, 2007 · 02:22 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Desire Trip
This is a combination of spoken word and singing. The stuff in quote marks is spoken, the rest is sung:

“I know a secret. Not many people know about it. I wish I didn’t either. I don’t like to talk about it.”

“When a dream becomes reality, fantasy is lost. Spirit, shifted, energy, slipped out of your grasp. You become power hungry, and your dream-like state disintegrates.”

“This is the story of Jack, the medorthophobic sex maniac.”

“He always craved intercourse, but, when he finally got it, he was scared he might get an erection.”

Fear of the wind and the rain leads to fear of the light,
Constantly bounding along in the shape of the night.

“Times grew tougher for Jack, frustration set in, embedding anger into his head. Soon the sex maniac was to turn.”

Seek the advice of the man with a metal fake arm
“Leave all your sisters” he said “You’ll commit them no harm.”
Follow the path from the night and step into the day
(Listen to your heart, don’t go, be afraid)
Lead from your fear, repent into sanity’s way.

“As Jack returned to his senses, he realised this man was not supernatural, but instead, his father.”

Look into my eyes, and tell me what you see
Can you find your way into my soul?
Fight all your pain, as our karma complains
And our quest reaches penultimate goal.
#2March 31st, 2007 · 04:43 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Desired States
I really like this!
I could say that you've been reading/listening to too much Jim Morrison, but it still holds it's own!
So I take it your at a beginning?
Can you record, as in a PC and a mic etc?
Into your Audio editing programs?
I just want to know if you can actually make the music that is meant to go with this 'dream scape' lyric?
Because you look like you should!

The Metal fake arm I found funny and the use of 'father' kind of sealed the Jim thing, but that's me reading it!

There's a load of instrumental music posted, but you have to just listen through them ALL, because there's no way of categorizing the songs, you might find something to 'sing along to' !
Funny but I have a song in mind but I cant remember it's name! I'll get on to it!

O ! And welcome to the pleasure dome!!!!!  and bandAmp too! 
#3April 2nd, 2007 · 07:00 PM
1 threads
4 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks! I can't say I've ever listened to Jim Morrison, but I shall now!

I'm running an Intel Macintosh on OS X - I have no kind of recording kit apart from the built-in mic so I don't know how to record stuff without shelling out and going to the studio.

I have written the music to this song, it's kind of Pink Floyd/Progressive inspired like a nice slow kind of rhythmic pulse on guitar whilst the percussion stays pretty simple.

If you could tell me how to record onto my computer, then I could show you, but right now I have no idea!

And thanks! I can't wait to make some kick-ass music with people! =)
#4April 3rd, 2007 · 12:35 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Right!
Good to see you back.
This is not really the place to discuss 'Recording', this being the lyric review un' all. Have you looked through the forums? The 'Recording' forum would be the place to start! This is a site 'By and For Musicians' so your in the perfect place in that respect! 
If you can afford to fork out on a studio, do it!
If you can afford to buy equipment/hardware I'd do that too!
At least invest in something that will take you the next step of the journey that you are on!

The first thing I bought was a Microphone (a cheapish bog-standard dynamic one) because I knew that I would use it. I still do!
When I bought my first PC I made sure I bought a sound card, with lots of inputs! lol, because I knew I would use it. Still do !
Same goes for the keyboard and my guitars, I don't use them much but without them I couldn't do what I wanted to do !!!  Are you getting my drift?

A simple mic plugged into your audio-in input (I take it your mac has an Audio-in/Mic hole?) should do the trick if you are 'desperate' to record! And get a program that can record audio! I know near to nothing of what works on a Mac though, sorry!
As long as the program you use has been set up, in it's 'preferences' or 'options', to hear/see/record from, the sound input, in this case the on-board audio card.

Check out Jim Morrison! Full stop! 

If and when you do suss your recording, you know where to upload it first! Right here! 
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 2:56 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.