To hear your throaty laughter
Or just wipe away your tears . . .

But the longing leaves me empty
And I’m killing it

For somewhere deep inside me
Within my very soul
Down past the longing and the emptiness -
Beneath the feelings that stir my heart
And all the thoughts that pass across my mind . . .

Alive - within the essence
Of who and what I am
There's a part of me that loves you
And you’re killing it.
#2March 2nd, 2007 · 03:09 AM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Interesting
Quite sad without being too sad. Quite beautiful yet lonely, but not overly so... I'm really thinking about this and what it means. Overall I feel a love and happiness, interrupted by one or two sad and lonely lines. This really makes the song something deep, passing between the  memory of happiness and the sadness of being alone, it's quite thought provoking.

I like it, there's something there that makes this churn about in my head, although it isn't too outwardly harsh and shocking (compared to, say killing me, or killing you). I will be milling these words over for days.

Cheers

WB
#3March 4th, 2007 · 07:30 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Interesting and Odd!
It must be in the genes, 'I want you, go away!'

You've built up the verse, fully loaded with the clarity of the poets loss and longing, his heart felt misery told so beautifully ..... and then he kills it!   Bang!

It's edging on schizophrenia! And makes me wonder about the musical track within it!

Jim Morrison! He's your man, he was a real poet who sung,
this piece is such a "Poets Dream" (love it), emotionally exaggerated projections, you'd need a Jim to 'carry' this!

Ok! I think I know what it is : I like the 'killing it' it's excellent for a song, and I can feel this going all over the shop! But the verses I find 'too' emotional, iykwim? The 'extremes' between the verses and the "And I'm killing it!" are such that it ends up sounding like the rantings of a mad mad? 
Or maybe I'm talking about my self again?
#4March 5th, 2007 · 01:59 PM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
fair game
Kings, I do appreciate your 'kudos' for the writing. As for Jim Morrison, if he could sing my songs, I would feell lke I died and went to heaven.....no pun intended.

As much as I like what you wrote, I'd like to comment and take a bit of issue with your interpretation of what the song is saying, but I will restrain myself. I'm always saying that the meaning of a song is the meaning you give it. So if mine mine is fair game for interpretation, then who am I to disagree with you?

But I would like to see if others interpret it the same. So the rest of you, if anyone reads this, your feedback is appreciated.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 2:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.