#1January 15th, 2007 · 11:09 PM
97 threads / 43 songs
500 posts
Australia
Reading your work, I understand that poetry isn't simply rhyming, more of an expression of feelings and capturing  mood within the words. This is an expression of poetry, your words are so complete in which they surround others to form meanings.

Great work! 

WB
#2January 16th, 2007 · 04:17 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I notice you don't have any songs posted, but a quite a few lyrics. (at the moment!)
Are these meant to be sung songs?
I feel the music, I follow the time and the rhythm but still I feel it to be nearly too 'intense' for the English mind/brain as a sung song.
It could either loose its meaning when sung or just become too confusing, but as a piece of poetry which I can read and let my mind bounce backwards and forwards forming the images and paths it is f**king excellent!
Totally trippy!
If you were to check out 'simons' posts here you might find, as well as some real good poetry, some comments of mine about the Welsh laws of poeting called cynganeddu, it's a whole system of interweaving and intertwining words and meanings. Well you've got a whole shit load of it going on here, but as I said in the English language it becomes too deep, intense and trippy too quickly.
#3January 17th, 2007 · 10:41 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
jack wrote…
that part pisses me off for writing them
like this...
LMAO, I hear / see this in your writing too, self realization, but what one realize about ones self is not necessarily the nice bits!   Nooo!

And yes I am keeping an I out for those songs!
#4January 20th, 2007 · 01:25 AM
30 threads
169 posts
United States of America
a lot of fun
fun well done. Your work is fine as poetry. I can see what Kings says above about the challenges of singing these, and if putting your words to music might detract from the words. But we have to hear the music to know. As fine as the words and the imagery are though, this is pretty campy stuff, it isn't so profound that you couln't afford to miss a lyrical beat or two, and music could make it SOOOOOO FUNNNN.

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.